4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2012 12:58 AM by jaikiran pai

EJB reconnect issue between 2 servers with 7.1.1.Final

John Sipher Newbie

Server A hosts an EAR containing one stateless EJB.

Server B hosts an EAR containing multiple web applications and EJBs.

The EJB on server A uses 3 of the EJBs hosted on server B.

One of the web apps on server B uses the EJB on server A plus several of the EJBs on server B.

When I first start both servers everything works fine.

If I restart server A, the web app on server B is able to reconnect to the EJB on server A without any problem, but when the EJB on server A tries to connect to one of the EJBs on server B it fails with an InvocationTargetException caused by my new favorite problem

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No EJB receiver available for handling [appName:myapp,modulename:mymodule,distinctname:] combination for invocation context org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBClientInvocationContext@4452bcae

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBClientContext.requireEJBReceiver(EJBClientContext.java:584)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.ReceiverInterceptor.handleInvocation(ReceiverInterceptor.java:119)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBClientInvocationContext.sendRequest(EJBClientInvocationContext.java:181)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBInvocationHandler.doInvoke(EJBInvocationHandler.java:136)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBInvocationHandler.doInvoke(EJBInvocationHandler.java:121)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBInvocationHandler.java:104)

at $Proxy99.create(Unknown Source)          ... 38 more

If I restart server B the reverse is true - server A is able to reconnect to the EJBs on server B, but the web app on server B gets the ever popular "No EJB receiver available..." message when it tries to use the EJB on server A.

jboss-ebj-clilent.xml on server A looks like this:

<jboss-ejb-client xmlns="urn:jboss:ejb-client:1.0">

<client-context>

<ejb-receivers>

<remoting-ejb-receiver outbound-connection-ref="serverb-connector"/>

</ejb-receivers>

</client-context>

</jboss-ejb-client>

and on server B it looks like this:

<jboss-ejb-client xmlns="urn:jboss:ejb-client:1.0">

<client-context>

<ejb-receivers>

<remoting-ejb-receiver outbound-connection-ref="servera-connector"/>

</ejb-receivers>

</client-context>

</jboss-ejb-client>

The result is that if I have to restart one server I have to restart both, and that's not a good solution.

Any suggestions for working around this would really be appreciated.