7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2012 4:20 AM by Noa Drach

Queue Consumers stopped working

Noa Drach Novice

Hello all,

this is kind of a vague situation and i was hoping someone could help me in ways to investigate the problem.

I am also not sure if i should post the question here or on the jboss development community, since I am working on JBOSS 7.2.0.Alpha - so all your directions will be appreciated.

basically I have a system that is running over 5 hours and it had been functioning OK so far.

suddenly I noticed from the log files that all the components which are reading information from queues - both MDBs and remote clients that connect using netty stopped working.

if i login in the admin console I see that the queues have 1000s of messages inside them - but none of the consumers is invoked.

i looked around in all the log locations i could think of and found nothing, looked for java crush reports and nothing.

i restarted one of the remote consumers and i see that it manages to connect - but it is not getting any messages.

my machine has 8 GB of RAM and 4 CPUs - i monitored it and it didn't look like resources are out

and idea what and where i should look for?

i assume that if i will restart JBOSS the system will start working properly - but i want to check if there are any ideas that should be tried before loosing the current state

thanks,

Noa