one thing I can't see without a sample project is where those jars are coming from ?
> Project_1 (in the deployment assembly tab it has dependencies jar1.jar and jar2.jar)
The language here is unclear. It sounds like you're saying if you right-click Project1, and go to project1's deployment assembly tab, you are putting the dependency to jar1 and jar2 there. If that's the case, then you are "doing it wrong" (heh). By going to project1's deployment assembly tab and making sure jar1 and jar2 are listed, this is telling the tools to make sure jar1 and jar2 live INSIDE project1.jar.
The structure I just tried is as follows:
1) create 6 java projects (lib1-lib6)
2) Create 2 utility projects (project1, project2)
3) Create 1 web project (DynWeb)
4) right click project1, go to deployment assembly, add lib1 and lib2 projects
5) right click project2, go to deployment assembly, add lib3 and lib4 projects
6) right click DynWeb, go to deployment assembly, add lib5 and lib6 projects, then add project1 and project2 projects
7) Deploy to deploy-only server (or jboss-as server, same result)
In the end, this structure ends up with a layout like this:
If you then unzip project1.jar and project2.jar, you will find hte missing lib1-lib4 jars. They live inside project1 and project2 jars. This seems to be working as intended.
It'd be great if you could send over a zip with some very simple mostly-empty example projects (just throw one class in each I guess...) so that I can fully understand the structure. Then we can discover pretty quickly if this is a user error or a bug in the toolset.
You're also welcome to join us in #jbosstools on freenode irc if you have time
While i am trying to prepare test case for you i found that incremental publish works fine until i enable GWT on the project. The thing is that i even don't need other eclipse project in the dependencies. Even gwt-servlet.jar is not copied while doing incremental publish. Let me prepare and upload example for you.
Here is the link to testcase https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1YALB8JpmN7NVRjWmUyWlgyUzQ
Note that you need to have installed GWT plugin to be able to reproduce the issue. Otherwise incremental publish works OK.
To reproduce the issue do full publish on the configured server throug eclipse and look to the WEB-INF/lib folder. You should see all the jars and project. Then do incremental publish and after it you will see only jar4.jar in the WEB-INF/lib folder.
After some investigation and IRC support i've found that GWT plugin changed output folder to the "war/WEB-INF/classes". If to change this folder to another one ("bin" for example) incremental publish become to work properly. But GWT plugin gives an error about output path so i had to deselect GWT option "Lunch and deploy from this directory"