0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2012 10:49 AM by lamikam

Tracing JDBC calls under Jboss AS 6.x

lamikam

I am trying to trace all Jboss calls to our oracle database using the Oracle thin driver.  I used http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/11-2.pdf as a reference.

When I wrote a standalone java app, the logging works fine, but when I try the same thing with a deployed JBoss AS/Seam app, no logging takes place.  I am using the ojdbc6_g.lib

and copied to the my C:\javatools\jboss-6.0.0.Final\server\default\lib folder.  I know that this file is getting loaded, because if I remove it, I call connection errors.  Also am passing in the properties required for the JVM parameters for startup in run.conf.bat

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Doracle.jdbc.Trace=true -Djava.util.logging.config.file<path to my prop file>\log.properties

I know that the args are passed in to the VM startup from the boot.log

VM arguments: -Dprogram.name=JBossTools: JBoss 6.0 Runtime -Xms256m -Xmx768m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\javatools\jboss-6.0.0.Final\lib\endorsed -Djava.library.path=C:/javatools/jboss-6.0.0.Final/bin/native

-Doracle.jdbc.Trace=true -Djava.util.logging.config.file=D:\work\banner\jdbc_test2\test1\bin\log.properties -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252

So, why no logging?

Thanks,

Leor