0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2012 11:00 AM by jett

Getting a "A RuleFlowProcess cannot have more than one start node!"

jett

We currently have a process that I am attempting to load into a KnowledgeBuilder. The process has 3 embedded subprocesses, each one having a start node. The main process has one start node and another message start node. When loading into KnowledgeBuilder, I am getting the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A RuleFlowProcess cannot have more than one start node!

at org.jbpm.ruleflow.core.RuleFlowProcess$WorkflowProcessNodeContainer.validateAddNode(RuleFlowProcess.java:81)

at org.jbpm.workflow.core.impl.NodeContainerImpl.addNode(NodeContainerImpl.java:42)

at org.jbpm.workflow.core.impl.WorkflowProcessImpl.addNode(WorkflowProcessImpl.java:63)

at org.jbpm.bpmn2.xml.AbstractNodeHandler.end(AbstractNodeHandler.java:110)

A little Googling led me to this issue in JIRA: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-3586

I tried loading the multiple-incomes.bpmn attached in the JIRA issue and I am getting the same error. The resolution does say that it is implemented as of June 6, 2012 and should make it's way to JBPM 5.4 with a note: "support for multiple start events with restriction that only one can be with no event definition". I attempted to use the snapshot build (5.4.0-SNAPSHOT) by adding the following to my pom.xml

<repositories>

<repository>

<id>repository.jboss.org</id>

<name>JBoss Repository - Snapshots</name>

<url>http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2</url>

<layout>default</layout>

<releases>

<enabled>false</enabled>

</releases>

<snapshots>

<enabled>true</enabled>

<updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>

</snapshots>

</repository>

</repositories>

I am however getting the same error when I load the file. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or at least can provide information on how to get a version that has the fix for this?

Thanks in advance the help.

Message was edited by: Jett Gamboa - attaching an image of the process model in question. Note the two embedded subprocesses with each one having it's own <startEvent>. It may be noteworthy to add that I can't get this to load on the new Eclipse BPMN editor. (The file was created using the open source Signavio core editor).