5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2012 9:52 AM by ataylor

How to set readers number

lauradp

Hello everybody!

I'd like to create a topic with 5 subscribers, so I wrote in my ejb-jar.xml the following lines:

<activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>maxSession</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>5</activation-config-property-value>

</activation-config-property>

but in the Administrator Console I can see only one subscriber!

Can anyone help me?

I'm using JBoss AS7.1, see ejb-jar.xml attached.

• 1. Re: How to set readers number
          ataylor

A subscription is only actually a queue and there can only be one per clientid/subscription name so what you see is correct, however if you looked at the queue itself you would see 5 consumers.

• 2. Re: How to set readers number
            lauradp

See the picture below, I can see only one subscriber

subs.png

• 3. Re: How to set readers number
              ataylor

yes, as i have explained that is correct, this is the MDB you have deployed, the queue that represents this subscription on will have 5 consumers.

• 4. Re: How to set readers number
                lauradp

My try was to underline the difference between queues and topics!

If my destination type is a queue and I write

<activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>maxSession</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>4</activation-config-property-value>

</activation-config-property>

In the administration Console I see  4 consumers:

cons.png

and if I send 1 message this message is received by 1 consumer only!

On the other hand If I have a Topic with 5 subscrivers listening on this topic I was expencting to see 5 subscribers on the topic, and that the message was received by all the subscibers!

Is this uncorrect?

• 5. Re: How to set readers number
                  ataylor

no, that wouldnt make sense, a subscription should only receive a message once, an MDB (no matter what the pool size) is only one subscription.