Hope you all are doing fine. i need a quick favour from you guys. We are planning to use JBPM as an BPM engine. But, unfortunately I don’t have any knowledge on JBMP. So, I would like to clarify with you guys. The queries are given below:
The proposed architecture
- 1. The architecture is à Our JBoss based Web App will call JBPM thru java call.
- 2. And we will not use JBPM user interface (GUI) but we use our Bboss application’s UI.
- 3. From the JBoss UI’s button click (Submit/Approve etc), JBoss app calls JBPM to
- a. create workflow process instance.
- b. Move process instance from one stage to another stage.
- 4. Meaning, we have Maker/Checker (Authorization) functionality exists. When Maker user submits the transaction in Jboss UI, the JBPM process (workflow) will be called and instance will be created for the Checker user(s) for the transaction approval. The Checker can either “Approve” the transaction (OR) he can “Reject” it back to the Maker user.
- 5. So, it is kind of Jboss driven JBPM Maker/Check Approval process. We are using the JBPM just for STATE MANAGEMENT.
- 1. How do I call BPM process (best way of doing it) from my Web application?
- a. How to do thru plain java call?
- b. How to do thru web-service call?
- 2. When maker submits the transaction, he will get an option (popup window) to select the eligible Checker user’s names in the Web Application. When Maker chooses the Checker names and submit the transaction, the BPM should create a process instance only for the chosen Checker users.
- 3. Do we have dynamic role support in JBMP? The role’s corresponding user/group details should be picked up from database. The Role details will be kept in Web Application database; the JBPM will have to connect to Web application database to get the role details.
- 4. Can I fetch all the process instances/To-Do list (for example, waiting for approval) that belong to one user/group (OR) set of users by making java call to BPM engine from MY Web application?
- 5. Also, we have a scenario, in which there are multiple user groups to be part of approval process. Like, “minimum 2 people from Group G1” and “minimum 3 people from Group G2” should approve the process instance.
Could you please clarify it? That would be nice.
Have a wonderful day