1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2012 10:29 PM by smarlow

Shared top-level Persistence Unit accessed by a module

miojo

I'm trying to deploy a JAR with a JPA persistence unit to be shared accross several other deployed JARs.

Consider this:

deployments/my-persistence.jar

deployments/my-camel-route.jar (started with a @Singleton/@Startup bean)

deployments/my-other-camel-route.jar (same thing)

I'm not using WAR or EAR files, I'm deploying standalone JARs at top-level.

Because of this, I've added a module with all my dependencies, like Apache Camel, Apache ActiveMQ and Spring Framework on a module called:

"com.mycompany.infra"

under modules/com/mycompany/infra/main

When I deploy the my-persistence.jar artifact, the persistence unit is loaded correctly.

Even the JNDI object, EntityManagerFactory, is created without problems (using the property jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name).

The artifacts for Camel routes, are correctly configured (jboss-deployment-structure.xml) with a dependency for this JBoss infra module, and a simple route works fine, because they don't access classes from the my-persistence.jar. But whenever I start a route that access the EntityManager, I see a ClassNotFoundException, for any Entity.

This is the dependency on the camel-routes artifacts:

<jboss-deployment-structure xmlns="urn:jboss:deployment-structure:1.1">

<deployment>

<dependencies>

<module name="deployment.my-persistence.jar">

<imports>

<include path="com/mycompany/persistence*" />

</module>

<module name="com.mycompany.infra">

<imports>

<include path="META-INF**" />

</imports>

</module>

</dependencies>

</deployment>

</jboss-deployment-structure>

Of course this this is a ClassLoader issue.

If I put the Entity classes in a my-persistence-classes.jar, under my "com.mycompany.infra", and leave only the persistence.xml in a deployable artifact like my-persistence.jar, the persistence unit cannot be loaded, as of Hibernate cannot find the Entity.

It seems that, the only way I could find to have this setup working, was to put this separated JAR ("my-persistence-classes.jar"), and add this JAR to the module.xml of "org.hibernate".

But I'm really looking for an exit here as of course I don't like the idea of messing up with the Hibernate module.

Does anyone have an idea?