1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 2:11 AM by jaikiran

HornetQ problems in JBoss 7 / EAP6 when starting multiple profiles

willemnoorduin

I want to run multiple profiles (sometimes also known as instances) on one RHEL 6 server under JBoss 7 (or EAP 6). Under JBoss 5 this was no problem, but when I do this for JBoss 7, I get some errors when statring the second profile.

• When starting node1, no problem (boss.socket.binding.port-offset=0) and the profile happily runs of port 8080.
      • When starting node2 (boss.socket.binding.port-offset=100) we get:

11:01:55,637 ERROR [org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.HornetQPacketHandler] (Old I/O server worker (parentId: 30498076, [id: 0x01d15d1c, /145.78.121.55:5445]))

Failed to create session : HornetQException[errorCode=105 message=Unable to validate user: HORNETQ.CLUSTER.ADMIN.USER]

According to https://community.jboss.org/thread/195452, I did put the following in the standard-full-ha.xml (which it is using):

<cluster-user>HORNETQ.CLUSTER.ADMIN.USER</cluster-user>
                  <cluster-password>clustermessaging1</cluster-password>

and clustermessaging2 for the other node. I did also try it with different cluster-user names, but still one of the nodes (I guess the one that is the last one which tries to connect to this subsystem) isn't starting. After a while: you get a:

1:03:25,153 WARN  [org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl] (hornetq-failure-check-thread) Connection failure has been detected: Did not receive data from /145.78.121.55:48368. It is likely the client has exited or crashed without closing its connection, or the network between the server and client has failed. You also might have configured connection-ttl and client-failure-check-period incorrectly. Please check user manual for more information. The connection will now be closed. [code=3]

11:03:39,155 WARN  [org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl] (hornetq-failure-check-thread) Connection failure has been detected: Did not receive data from /145.78.121.55:48435. It is likely the client has exited or crashed without closing its connection, or the network between the server and client has failed. You also might have configured connection-ttl and client-failure-check-period incorrectly. Please check user manual for more information. The connection will now be closed. [code=3]

11:03:47,156 WARN  [org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl] (hornetq-failure-check-thread) Connection failure has been detected: Did not receive data from /145.78.121.55:48483. It is likely the client has exited or crashed without closing its connection, or the network between the server and client has failed. You also might have configured connection-ttl and client-failure-check-period incorrectly. Please check user manual for more information. The connection will now be closed. [code=3]

I did also notice that both of the nodes try to use 145.78.121.55:5545, despide the setting of a different offset. Questions:

1. How can I resolve this ?
      2. When I don't need Hornetq, how can I disable it completely ?