10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 11:25 PM by snjv180

Richfaces Eclipse Help

rui278

Hi

I'm really new to web-development , but i need to use richfaces to create a project for work, and i'm a bit lost.

So i downloaded Jboss tools for Eclipse 3.7.2.

Then whenever i try to start  new RichFaces project, it always comes up with the following error:

Could not resolve archetype

org.richfaces.archetypes:richfaces-archetypes-kitchensink:4.2.2Final-2 from any of the configurated repositories.

Root cause : Could not resolve artifact

org.richfaces.archetypes:richfaces-archetype-kitchensink:pom:4.2.2.Final-2

Could anyone help me solve this problem?

Apreciated

Rui

• 1. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
          jhuska

Hi Rui,

this is a known bug.

You can workaround this by these steps:

1. download attached project-examples-shared-3.3.Beta1.xml

2. in eclipse go Window ----> Preferences ----> JBoss Tools ----> Project Examples

3. Add to the User sites the customized xml

Or you can start with archetype by this:

File ---> New ---> other ---> type to filter maven ----> maven project ----> next ----> type to the input richfaces-archetype

You should see three archetypes, choose either simpleapp or kitchensink for starting.

Was that helpful ?

• 2. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
            rui278

Hi Juraj

Unfortunatly no.

I did the first fix, put the attached project under user sites, but when i tried to start a richfaces project it didnt work again.

The second fix, when i got to the filtering i found out that there where no richfaces-archetype archetypes.

I have the files in my computer, is there any way i can import them to eclipse as archetypes, from my computer? or does anyone have a link to the repository URL so that i can ad it?

But thank you anyway,

• 3. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
              jhuska

You have probably something wrong with your maven installation then.

If you have Maven installed correctly, you should be able to do following:

1. from command line execute:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.richfaces.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=richfaces-archetype-simpleapp -DarchetypeVersion=4.2.2.Final -DgroupId=org.docs.richfaces -DartifactId=new_project

2. import created project to Eclipse

File ----> Import ----> Existing Maven project ---> directory where new project was created

Are you able to do that ? Did you install maven by yoursefl ? or used the embedded one in eclipse ?

• 4. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
                rui278

I was using the one enbeded in eclipse. But now in instaled the 3.0.4 version.

I ran your comand but he gave me this error constantly: "Failed to retrieve plugin desctriptor from org.apache... Or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read atifact descriptor form org.apache.... "In the end it gives out a "Buid Failure" and a  "No pluggin found for prefiz "archetype"....

• 5. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
                  jhuska

Sounds like you have some connectivity issues then (firewall, proxy ?), because you can not retrieve artifacts from Maven Central.

Are you able to build other maven based projects ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
                    snjv180

Why don't you try it without maven ! Maybe that will work. Just create a JSF2 project in eclipse and create a lib folder inside WEB-INF and include the files as in

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToAddRichFaces4xToProjectsNotBasedOnMaven

The blue ones are compulsory.

Then Richfaces is installed if you want I can mail you an example.

• 7. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
                      pabloh

Did you fix the issue? I have the same problem.

• 8. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
                        snjv180

What is the issue that you have please elaborate a bit so that we may help. Is it that you are trying to do in maven and some problem is occuring. If so, do share your problem with us.

• 9. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
                          pabloh

I'm using Eclipse Indigo with JBoss Central. I tried to create a new Richfaces Project (see img1.png) but it always comes up with the following error (see imp2.png)

Could not resolve archetype

org.richfaces.archetypes:richfaces-archetypes-kitchensink:4.2.2Final-2 from any of the configurated repositories.

Root cause : Could not resolve artifact

org.richfaces.archetypes:richfaces-archetype-kitchensink:pom:4.2.2.Final-2

img1.png

img2.png

• 10. Re: Richfaces Eclipse Help
                            snjv180

I think it is because you are trying to make a kitchensink(sample richfaces project). That is why your project is not running.