0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 4:51 AM by johndolan

On EAP 6 remote applications that deploy after the client application are considered after failure, but not during load balance.

johndolan

Hi,

I have a setup where there are 4 JBoss nodes running locally on different port offsets and names. One node has an application App1 running as a cluster client (jboss-ejb-client in META-INF of ear) and makes a call to an application running on the other 3 nodes. For testing I am tracking the distribution of calls. My expectation is that the calls would be distributed evenly across all 3 server nodes. This is generally the case, however if a server application gets deployed after the client application, the client application ignores it for load balancing until alternative nodes fail.

It can happen that despite there being 3 available nodes with appropriate receivers, only 1 gets called. The way around this is to restart the client.

Is there a setting that could be causing this behaviour? I haven't configured load balancing manually.

I've set up the server according to https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Developer+Guide#DeveloperGuide-EJBinvocationsfromaremoteserver

Best Regards,

John