10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 2:47 AM by aarti rajput

How to create multiple standalone server instances in JBOSS 7.1

amitsoprna Newbie

Hi,

I have a basic question, as I did not find any documentation on how to create multiple standalone server instances

1) How to create multiple instances of JBOSS server in standalone mode deployment?

- Is copying and pasting the standalone folder with a different name will work?

I have tried it by giving a port offset and then giving the server base directory on the command line. it starts up properly

But when I start it with the following command :

sh /opt/jboss/bin/standalone.sh -Djboss.server.base.dir=baapt -Dlogging.configuration=file:/opt/jboss/baapt/configuration/logging.properties

Althouhg I have given the logging.properties file location on command line as "file:/opt/jboss/baapt/configuration/logging.properties"

it still tries to pick it up from some other path "file:/home/amit/my_copied_standalone_folder/configuration/logging.properties"

Following is the line printed on the server console:

"Unable to read the logging configuration from 'file:/home/amit/my_copied_standalone_folder/configuration/logging.properties' (java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/amit/my_copied_standalone_folder/configuration/logging.properties (No such file or directory))."

So please suggest the right approach.

I am just trying to migrate from JBOSS 4.2 to JBOSS 7.1. In 4.2 version we used to create multiple server instances by creating separate server folder structures inside the "JBOSS_HOME/server/" folder.