2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2012 1:25 PM by amshaik

Database Persistence

amshaik

We currently do not have SAN available for our project, so using the built-in journal would not very advisable(as stated by the manual). I was thinking maybe using a database instead, for the persistence. That would be a better option than NAS. Does HornetQ support this? And if not, could I easily modify the source code to allow for my own custom persistence (such as a database)? Also, I noticed that for security, there is a SecurityManager interface that will easily allow me to implement a custom securty manager. Is there anything equivalent with persistence?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Database Persistence
          jbertram

You can search the forum and JIRA for past discussions about database persistence.  In short, it is not currently supported and will not be supported in the future.

Since HornetQ is open-source you could certainly modify it to support database persistence, but to my knowledge the persistence layer is not "pluggable."  I imagine it would be quite a bit of work to implement database persistence at this point.

In any event, you should try the latest HornetQ 2.3 Alpha which supports replication between cluster nodes which eliminates the need for a shared journal while still providing high-availability for messages.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Database Persistence
            amshaik

Thanks Justin. I'll check out HornetQ 2.3 Alpha.