2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2012 12:35 PM by abhijit.karpe

Automatic restart for Jboss 7

abhijit.karpe

Hi,

Is there any support in Jboss 7 for an automatic restart upon crash?

I believe there might be some external tools that can do this for me. However I wanted to first check if there are any server config settings that can help achieve this.

Also how does this affect a domain based master-slave setup?

If a instance goes down, does the host/domain controller bring up this instance automatically?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,

Abhijit

• 1. Re: Automatic restart for Jboss 7
          wdfink

The domain mode of AS7 will have such features.

If you start a domain server, one approach is that this server does not contain any server instance, each slave host instance contains one or more server instances in different jvm's.

If a domain- host-controller or server crash it is automatic restarted by the monitoring process controller.

The possibility that a crash will stop the complete domain is very low because the different instances are started in separate JVM's for that, also the process-, domain- and host-controller instances are not processing any business operations.

But the benefit of a domain is more than that, you should read the documentation about the domain mode.

regards

Wolf

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Automatic restart for Jboss 7
            abhijit.karpe

Hey thanks for the response.

I had already read the documentation (although not in very detail )

I was earlier having issues with deploying my application in domain mode. Hence was looking at something different. However I recently got my domain setup working and now can look into the documentation in detail.

Thanks again for your response. I will try this out and let you know how it goes.