1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 10:19 AM by jfclere

NullPointerException on a call to request.getParameter on JBoss EAP 4.3

frank1russo

I'm making a simple call to get a parameter from the request. The underlying impl of Tomcat is throwing an NPE. A partial dump of the stacktrace is below.

I can't find the matchin source, but from what I can tell I'm thinking the org.apache.catalina.Context is null. Is there anything that would cause this object to not have a valid value?

Thanks in advance for any help.

14:03:16,151 ERROR [ContainerBase] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters(Request.java:2431)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getParameter(Request.java:1030)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getParameter(RequestFacade.java:355)

at javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper.getParameter(ServletRequestWrapper.java:158)

at com.sas.solutions.casemgmt.web.entitygrid.generic.GenericEntityGridRowActionModel.writeScreen(GenericEntityGridRowActionModel.java:90)

at org.apache.jsp.entitygrid.generic.GenericEntityGridRow_jsp._jspService(GenericEntityGridRow_jsp.java:181)