2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 7:29 AM by Marek Posolda

Issues with authenticating LDAP(Active Directory) users

Ian Stansbury Newbie

Hello all,

Recently I have had an issue authenticating users against my AD. There are also some strange errors in the server.log files that resemble the below:

org.chromattic.api.UndeclaredRepositoryException: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Illegal path entry: "mop:%03Southwire%03Remote Control View Only

CNF%0422ede168-1549-43c2-a40f-160ca0c59817": Illegal path entry: "mop:%03Southwire%03Remote Control View Only

CNF%0422ede168-1549-43c2-a40f-160ca0c59817": Illegal path entry: "mop:%03Southwire%03Remote Control View Only

CNF%0422ede168-1549-43c2-a40f-160ca0c59817"

at org.chromattic.core.DomainSession.getChild(DomainSession.java:362)

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Illegal path entry: "mop:%03Southwire%03Remote Control View Only

This error occurs when I log in as root. I have included the complete log file as well.

Not sure if it is related but it may be so I will include this as well. After logging in as root and going to the group management page I can see the AD groups and users ported in from AD. However when I try to add one of the users to another group, for instance platform/users, it gives me the following error.

"The field "User Name" can only contain alpha, digit, comma, dash characters. The first and last character must be a letter. " which is strange because these names are only alpha-numeric in the AD.

My only ldap is the active directory and im running local with a mysql db. Production will be an oracle db.