5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 11:37 AM by clebert.suconic

Problem with the JMS queue overflows

zerdo

Hi all

I have a problem with the JMS queue overflows in jboss6. If the queue is full of it I can not get to it later in any way (in code) to get to delete the message.
      Is it possible to figure out how much free space remains in the queue jms? How to protect against the occurrence of such a problem? The JMS downloading using Apache Camel 2.8.0, but
      the solution to this problem could be without the Camel.

Thank you very much for your answers.

• 1. Re: Problem with the JMS queue overflows
          clebert.suconic

what you mean by queue overflow? there's no such concept?

Are you talking about the queue blocked due to configuration on blocking? you should just receive messages... or configure to page.

• 2. Re: Problem with the JMS queue overflows
            zerdo

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

At present, the hornetq-configuration.xml parameter 'max-size-bytes' I have set to '10485760'. Depending on this parameter can save a JMS queue to a different number of messages.

At this size, to a JMS queue can store 3,752 such messages. After reaching the amount of my queue no longer respond to virtually try to write or read a Camel itself provides exceptions to Time Out. That is why I regard such behavior as queue overflow. If you increase the 'max-size-bytes' to '104857600' I expected that I would be able to save about 37,520 messages, but I can only about 7000 messages.

I really do not get any exception Jboss.

Apache Camel not only gives advice then communicate with the queue.

Some time ago I had a problem because after a while, the integration between the systems ceased to operate.

There were no exceptions. I realized only through trial and error that is the point.

If there is no overflow takiegop idea how this might just have an error in the configuration of JMS queues for jboss6.

Please help - I would be grateful for any tips.

Regards

• 3. Re: Problem with the JMS queue overflows
              zerdo

Any idea?

Regards

• 4. Re: Problem with the JMS queue overflows
                ataylor

to be honest we dont really know what you are asking, there is no such thing as queue over flow. When an address hits its max-size-bytes it will simply start paging or block the producer, if you are having memory issues then you should configure the server to deal with the load your machine can manage.

• 5. Re: Problem with the JMS queue overflows
                  clebert.suconic

You didn't even read my post about configuring paging...   so I won't expect you to have read the docs.

Please, read the HornetQ docs about paging and blocking. There's a configuration .. and you won't receive messages in block mode until you have acked your messages.

Please help - I would be grateful for any tips.

If you read the docs.. you get your help!

if you are still having issues, please show some research about your issue before the traditional "please help me" email.