4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 2:21 PM by welsh

JBoss SOA 5.2 server start up halt - no error

hitjain_83

I am looking to setup my jboss soa 5.2 server on my UNIX box and have followed the following steps.

1) Got a Unix user created with minimal access rights to logon and with some update permisisions.

2) unzipped Apache Ant and added the same to the PATH system variable.

3) unzipped "soa-p-5.2.0.GA.zip".

4) Created a oracle 11g database and associated an user with it.

5) Associated the oracle 11g database with the jboss server using the build.xml under tools/schema and as expected it created 117 tables in the database.

6) Now I logged onto the directory /home/a.b2cdev/jboss-soa-p-5/jboss-as/bin  to execute ./run.sh

7) The server logs flow fine for a minute and then doesn't flow ever after that, couldn't find anything in the logs nor on the console.

Not sure what is stopping the process? Please assist!!!

Attached the server.log, boot.log and putty_console.log

In putty_console.log I forcefully exited the program at "22:01:14,088" - Please look for this timestamp on the logs.

• 1. Re: JBoss SOA 5.2 server start up halt - no error
          mageshbk

I do not see any symptom of hanging from the logs. Is your concern with respect to The server logs flow fine for a minute and then doesn't flow ever after that? Are you able to hit the server console in your web browser? The logs need not have to be flowing all the time. If you enable Debug logging then perhaps it would.

• 2. Re: JBoss SOA 5.2 server start up halt - no error
            welsh

You actually have a clean start, I thought the same thing when I first started setting up the SOA platform and thought it was getting stuck on:

2012-08-17 22:07:52,363 INFO  [org.hibernate.util.NamingHelper] (Thread-25) JNDI InitialContext properties:{}

If you actually look in the logs, you will see:

2012-08-17 21:36:57,994 INFO  [org.jboss.bootstrap.microcontainer.ServerImpl] (main) JBoss (Microcontainer) [5.2.0.GA_SOA (build: SVNTag=5.2.0.GA_SOA date=201111090730)] Started in 1m:23s:702ms

Which means the AS started up, however if you are running the machine on a remote box and are remotly accessing it from your desktop then you need to do the following when you start it up:

/run.sh -b 0.0.0.0

This is to get the AS to bind to all IP's your device has, alternatively you can do -b yourIpAddress instead. Otherwise when you hit http://yourIpAddress:8080 you get nothing.

• 3. Re: JBoss SOA 5.2 server start up halt - no error
              hitjain_83

Thanks Welsh... That really did help and now I am on my jboss console. This is easy to go and really good to see...

Just to add for future references.

I had now started the server with ./run.sh -b 0.0.0.0 and logged onto the console using http://serverIpAddress:8080/

@Magesh - The halt of logs without showing a clear indication of server started - caused the confusion and made me feel me the server startup is yet to complete. moreover the http://serverIpAddress:8080/  did not show up as mentioned by Welsh

-Hitesh

• 4. Re: JBoss SOA 5.2 server start up halt - no error
                welsh

Yes, it took me awhile to figure that out and found no help using my google fu skills, I eventually remembered from setting up some JBoss EAP instances like 6 months ago that I needed to do the bind.

Glad I could help.