0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2012 3:44 AM by eran_kazula

JBoss AS 7.1.1 - Is the EE subsystem required for WAR deployment?

eran_kazula

Hello,

Working with JBoss 7.1.1 final, I've been trying to narrow down to minimum the number of subsystems / extension modules my JBoss AS loads by default upon its start-up. The thing is that when I exclude the "EE" subsystem (<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:ee:1.0"/>) my WAR deployment fails with a NullPointerException (See below). When this subsystem is enabled back, the deployment goes OK smoothly. Now, in the JBoss AS 7 documentation, the "EE" subsystem is described as "Enables the deployment of .EAR archives.". The question is whether the same requirement applies to ".WAR archives" as well? Or is it just a bug of some sort (perhaps something similar to AS7-2120)? Is there a way to allow "WAR" achives deployment without the "EE" subsystem? Can I know exactly what component in the "EE" subsystem is required for "WAR" archives deployment?

Any advise will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Eran.

09:39:50,268 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "my-war-app.war"

09:39:50,530 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."my-war-app.war".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."my-war-app.war".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "my-war-app.war"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:119) [jboss-as-server-7.1.0.Final.jar:7.1.0.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_b147-icedtea]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_b147-icedtea]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_b147-icedtea]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jboss.as.jpa.processor.JPAInterceptorProcessor.deploy(JPAInterceptorProcessor.java:52)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:113) [jboss-as-server-7.1.0.Final.jar:7.1.0.Final]

... 5 more

09:39:50,552 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015870: Deploy of deployment "my-war-app.war" was rolled back with failure message {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"my-war-app.war\".INSTALL" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"my-war-app.war\".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment \"my-war-app.war\""}}

09:39:50,613 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS015877: Stopped deployment my-war-app.war in 55ms

09:39:50,617 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014777:  Services which failed to start:      service jboss.deployment.unit."my-war-app.war".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."my-war-app.war".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "my-war-app.war"

09:39:50,622 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) {"JBAS014653: Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"my-war-app.war\".INSTALL" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"my-war-app.war\".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment \"my-war-app.war\""}}}}