1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2012 10:40 AM by manarh

Seam 2.3:  IdentityManager#changePassword not working?

sdnakhla

We are in the process of migrating our code from Seam 2.2.2 to Seam 2.3beta2.  I've got the following method in my code...

public void runTest() throws DataSourceException, ParseException {

new RunAsOperation() {

@Override

public void execute() {

logger.info("Starting...");

String status = identityManager.changePassword("user4",

"passwordTEST");

logger.info("runTest() - String status=" + status); //$NON-NLS-1$

}

}.addRole("admin").run();

}

If I run it like this...

<h:form>

<h:commandLink action="#{myClass.runTest()}" value="Change Password" />

</h:form>

...it says that the password change was successful, however it is never updated within the database.  The status is always "success" and I don't see any errors, but the password field is not updated in the database.

However, if I run it like this...

<s:link action="#{myClass.runTest()}" value="Change Password" />

...it works every time.  I don't recall having any issues whatsoever with this method in Seam 2.2.  Am I doing something wrong here?  Is this a bug within Seam?  It's a pretty simple use case.  I can't imagine that it's the code, but am perfectly willing to admit I'm wrong.  I'd really appreciate any help you can give, as this is a major issue that is delaying our code from moving into production.  Thanks so much!!!