5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2012 4:24 AM by ajcmartins

Error while reading file-store after eviction while using infinispan-cdi

ajcmartins

Hi, i am having troubles while trying to run a small test using infinispan-cdi version 5.1.5.FINAL on JBoss AS 7.1.1. I did tried to run the quickstart and everything works ok.

The error is:

17:28:05,963 ERROR [org.infinispan.loaders.file.FileCacheStore] (http--0.0.0.0-8080-1) ISPN000062: Error while reading from file: D:\jboss\standalone\data\learning\learning-cache\1450574848: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.infinispan.cdi.interceptor.DefaultCacheKey from [Module "org.jboss.as.clustering.infinispan:main" from local module loader @43f46f3b (roots: D:\jboss\modules)]

On the maven POM file i have

<dependency>

<groupId>org.infinispan</groupId>

<artifactId>infinispan-cdi</artifactId>

<version>5.1.5.FINAL</version>

</dependency>

and

<manifestEntries>

<Dependencies>org.infinispan</Dependencies>

</manifestEntries>

on the jboss standalone-ha.xml i have:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:infinispan:1.2" default-cache-container="learning">

<cache-container name="learning" default-cache="learning-cache">

<local-cache name="learning-cache" start="EAGER">

<eviction strategy="LRU" max-entries="2"/>

<file-store/>

</local-cache>

</cache-container>

</subsystem>

To setup the cache on java i have:

public class Config {

@Resource(lookup = "java:jboss/infinispan/container/learning")

@Produces

EmbeddedCacheManager defaultCacheManager;

}

The data being used is:

public class User implements Serializable{

private static final long serialVersionUID = -577278578670082130L;

private long id;

private String name = "abs";

...getters and setters...

}

and i am using interceptors on the service, like:

@CacheResult(cacheName = "learning-cache")

public User findUser(String id) {

User user = new User();

user.setName(id);

return user;

}

@CachePut(cacheName = "learning-cache")

public void storeUser(String id, @CacheValue User user) {

Log("Stored:" + user.getName());

}

I have to say that everything works great until i try to insert the 4rd element. That's when i get the error presented above.

When i open the cache file with a text editor i can see the org.infinispan.cdi.interceptor.DefaultCacheKey reference..

Any help or direction will be high apreciated.

Cheers,

• 1. Re: Error while reading file-store after eviction while using infinispan-cdi
          ajcmartins

So i was playing around and trying to do the same without interceptors:

@Inject

Cache<String, User> cache;

public User findUser(String id) {

if (cache.containsKey(id)) {

return cache.get(id);

} else {

User user = new User();

user.setId(id);

user.setName("asdad");

cache.put(id, user);

return user;

}

}

and the error is now:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.infinispan.quickstart.cdi.config.User from [Module "org.jboss.as.clustering.infinispan:main" from local module loader @64b2ad57 (roots: D:\jboss\modules)]

So this is related to the class loader not finding the classes that are being marshalled to disk- maybe more of a jboss issue than infinispan?

I have been looking into the , but shouldn't it just works with Serializable as well?

I was also thinking about the storeAsBinary property, but, being a local cache i don't think it would do any good.

Any idea?

• 2. Re: Error while reading file-store after eviction while using infinispan-cdi
            pmuir

What's the whole stack trace?

• 3. Re: Error while reading file-store after eviction while using infinispan-cdi
              ajcmartins

Hey Pete, thanks for looking.. Well at some point i just gave up using the configurations on the standalone.xml. Tried to load the configuration from a xml file instead and everything started working just fine.

If you think it can be usefull i can create a new project with the same settings to provide you with the stack trace, but i am pretty happy with it just working at the moment...

Cheers,

• 4. Re: Error while reading file-store after eviction while using infinispan-cdi
                pferraro

AS7 doesn't include the infinispan-cdi module by default.  To use this with AS7, you'll need to add the infinispan-cdi jar to the org.infinispan module.

1. Copy the infinispan-cdi jar to $JBOSS_HOME/modules/org/infinispan/main
                2. Edit $JBOSS_HOME/modules/org/infinispan/main/modules.xml and add the missing <resources-root path="..."/> element.
                • 5. Re: Error while reading file-store after eviction while using infinispan-cdi
                  ajcmartins

Hey Paul, i remembered about that and in fact tried to provide JBoss with the module, although incorrectly it seems :/

Thank you.