2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2012 8:05 PM by thunder.farmer

Description of the JBoss Application Server Managed Resources

thunder.farmer

Hi,

I am trying to develop some code using "DMR Management API " to talk with JBoss As7.

I try to understand the structure of attribute.

In the section "Description of an Attribute", it says that the value of an attribute can be complex type " LIST or OBJECT".

But when I go through the documents, I can find an attribute which has value of complex type.

Seems all the value of an attribute is one "simple" types -- "BIG_DECIMAL, BIG_INTEGER, BOOLEAN, BYTES, DOUBLE, INT, LIST, LONG, OBJECT, PROPERTY, STRING".

My question is that: for specific node/child node, could the value of an attribute be complex type?

Can anyone help clarify my above understandings?

If possible, specify one example of attribute which has value of complex type.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Description of the JBoss Application Server Managed Resources
          ctomc

Hi,

we are trying to minimize usage of complex attribute types and with time this will be even there will be less and less of them.

But probably they will never be completly gone...

Attribute definitions are different for different resources, so yes, they can be preset on some resources but not others.

Best way to check for that is to check resource description by running :read-resource-description(recursive=true) on resource that you are intersted about.

resource description also has complete structure information for this kind of attributes.

if you go to resource "/subsystem=logging/root-logger=ROOT"

you can see that it has attributes defined as OBJECT and also as LIST

[standalone@localhost:9999 /] cd /subsystem=logging/root-logger=ROOT
          [standalone@localhost:9999 root-logger=ROOT] ls -l
          ATTRIBUTE VALUE              TYPE
          filter    undefined          OBJECT
          handlers  ["CONSOLE","FILE"] LIST
          level     INFO               STRING

--

tomaz

• 2. Re: Description of the JBoss Application Server Managed Resources
            thunder.farmer

It's quite clear now.

Thank you very much.