8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2012 8:36 AM by aolean

TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore

eialbur

I wrote what I thought was a minimal program just to get experience with TreeCache.  Any help would be welcome.

Contrary to appearances, I am an experienced Java programmer ... I just can't seem to get my feet under me with Infinicache.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Config File:

<infinispan>

<namedCache name="category">

<loaders passivation="false" shared="false" preload="true">

<loader

class="org.infinispan.loaders.jdbc.stringbased.JdbcStringBasedCacheStore"

fetchPersistentState="true" purgeOnStartup="false">

<properties>

<property name="databaseType" value="MYSQL" />

<property name="connectionFactoryClass"

value="org.infinispan.loaders.jdbc.connectionfactory.SimpleConnectionFactory" />

<property name="connectionUrl" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/Hookup" />

<property name="userName" value="root" />

<property name="password" value="passw0rd" />

<property name="driverClass" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />

<property name="stringsTableNamePrefix" value="cache" />

<property name="dropTableOnExit" value="false" />

<property name="createTableOnStart" value="false" />

<property name="timestampColumnName" value="timestamp" />

<property name="timestampColumnType" value="INT8" />

<property name="idColumnName" value="category" />

<property name="idColumnType" value="VARCHAR(255)" />

<property name="dataColumnName" value="id" />

<property name="dataColumnType" value="INTEGER" />

</properties>

</loader>

</loaders>

<transaction transactionMode="TRANSACTIONAL" />

<invocationBatching enabled="true" />

</namedCache>

</infinispan>

Java File (snippet):

public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException {

DefaultCacheManager dcm = new DefaultCacheManager("InfiniConfig.xml");

Cache<String, Object> c = dcm.getCache("category");

TreeCache<String, Object> treeCache = new TreeCacheFactory().createTreeCache(c);

Error on createTreeCache:

Exception in thread "main" org.infinispan.CacheException: Unable to end batch

at org.infinispan.batch.BatchContainer.endBatch(BatchContainer.java:107)

at org.infinispan.batch.AutoBatchSupport.endAtomic(AutoBatchSupport.java:49)

at org.infinispan.tree.TreeStructureSupport.exists(TreeStructureSupport.java:56)

at org.infinispan.tree.TreeStructureSupport.exists(TreeStructureSupport.java:46)

at org.infinispan.tree.TreeCacheImpl.createRoot(TreeCacheImpl.java:442)

at org.infinispan.tree.TreeCacheImpl.<init>(TreeCacheImpl.java:54)

at org.infinispan.tree.TreeCacheImpl.<init>(TreeCacheImpl.java:46)

at org.infinispan.tree.TreeCacheFactory.createTreeCache(TreeCacheFactory.java:58)

at com.albury.infinitest.InfiniTest.main(InfiniTest.java:34)

Caused by: javax.transaction.RollbackException: Transaction status is Status.STATUS_MARKED_ROLLBACK

at org.infinispan.transaction.tm.DummyBaseTransactionManager.commit(DummyBaseTransactionManager.java:100)

at org.infinispan.batch.BatchContainer.resolveTransaction(BatchContainer.java:123)

at org.infinispan.batch.BatchContainer.endBatch(BatchContainer.java:105)

... 8 more

• 1. Re: TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore
          tfromm

On a first view I'd say there is a problem with the loader. Maybe: <property name="createTableOnStart" value="false" /> should be true.

And  <property name="dataColumnType" value="INTEGER" /> looks suspicious to me, since this is the field where the cache objects are serialized into.

Btw object serialization just as hint: Look at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Plugging+Infinispan+With+User+Defined+Externalizers

In general I'd try to avoid the use using default serialization of objects, because you'll get in problems, when refactoring classes...

• 2. Re: TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore
            eialbur

I changed the data column type to varbinary(100) and allowed Infinispan to create the table.... same error.

• 3. Re: TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore
              tfromm

Turn trace log level on.

And simply use "BINARY" als data column type.

• 4. Re: TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore
                eialbur

MySql objected to just BINARY ... it wanted a length .... and I was loath to make it a fixed length (and wasn't sure what fixed length to make it)

INFO  TransactionManagerFactory - ISPN000161: Using a batchMode transaction manager

ERROR InvocationContextInterceptor - ISPN000136: Execution error

org.infinispan.loaders.keymappers.UnsupportedKeyTypeException: Unsupported key type: 'org.infinispan.tree.NodeKey' on key: NodeKey{contents=DATA, fqn=/}

Based on the trace, and on other postings, I added the following to my config:

<property name="key2StringMapperClass" value="org.infinispan.loaders.keymappers.DefaultTwoWayKey2StringMapper" />

That didn't fix anything

I guess it is trying to turn a NodeKey into a string and is failing.  I didn't really expect the DefaultTwoWayKey2StringMapper to work as NodeKey is not a simple type.  However, I don't see a key mapper provided for Trees.

• 5. Re: TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore
                  eialbur

I decided to screw the tree cache and just get jdbc working for regular cache.  I changed my source as follows:

DefaultCacheManager dcm = new DefaultCacheManager("InfiniConfig.xml");

Cache<String, Object> c = dcm.getCache("categoryX");

CategoryNode catNode = new CategoryNode();  // my value object

catNode.setId(100L);

catNode.setName("some name");

c.put(catNode.getName(), catNode);

I get the following error:

INFO  TransactionManagerFactory - ISPN000161: Using a batchMode transaction manager

ERROR InvocationContextInterceptor - ISPN000136: Execution error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.infinispan.loaders.jdbc.connectionfactory.SimpleConnectionFactory.releaseConnection(SimpleConnectionFactory.java:79)

• 6. Re: TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore
                    eialbur

Just to make sure it was able to access the DB I set the config to create the table and then dropped the table from the db before I ran.  The table is, in fact, created, so I am connecting to the database.

The trace indicated my data column was too narrow - A null pointer exception is a rather obscure error for this condition.  Anyways, I expanded it and I seem now to be able to do straight Infinispan to the database.

I will play with it like this for a while ... thank you for you assistance.

• 7. Re: TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore
                      mircea.markus

The NPW looks like a bug to me.

What version of ISPN are you using?

Mind raising a JIRA[1] for this with some description and (ideally) an unit test?

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN

• 8. Re: TreeCache problem - JDBC - JdbcStringBasedCacheStore
                        aolean

Hi all,

I confirm to have the same problem in 5.2 (just re-downloaded the entire infinispan yesterday to confirm to have the latest version, I cleaned the path).

I'm using the simple following code, there's not even a need to try to insert/fetch any value from the cache :

Cache<String, Object> cache = new DefaultCacheManager("cache.xml").getCache("Ion");

TreeCacheFactory treeCacheFactory = new TreeCacheFactory();

//TreeCache<String, Object> treeCache = treeCacheFactory.createTreeCache(cache);

The previous code is working, but when I uncomment the third line (creation of the treeCache), the error is popping :

Unsupported key type: 'org.infinispan.tree.NodeKey' on key: NodeKey{contents=DATA, fqn=/}

If, keeping the 3 lines uncommented, I comment out the jdbc cache store in the infinispan config file, then the error disappears.

Would you have any idea where this issue is coming from ?

Thanks for your assistance.