As you may know, we're cutting releases on a time-boxed schedule, which means we generally release with all of the changes merged into the codebase on (mostly) fixed, 3 week intervals. Beta3 will have been released 3 weeks ago tomorrow, so we're planning to build and release ModeShape 3.0.0.Beta4 tomorrow, September 11.
But before we cut the release, let's have a JIRA triage session on IRC (#modeshape on irc.freenode.net) tomorrow at 13:00 UTC to go over the outstanding issues and decide which, if any, should hold up the Beta4 release. By default we'll push all open issues to the next release (Beta5). If you cannot make this meeting, please comment on the relevant JIRAs to describe the current status and when you think it might be finished. Or, if there are general concerns, please mention them here.