2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2012 12:03 PM by jbertram

JMS Bridge from WebLogic

zoikks

I've been using sun-jms-adapter in JBoss 5 to receive messages from WebLogic JMS.  However, it no long appears to be supported in JBoss 7.  I've switched tactics to use WebLogic's capability to bridge messages directly into HornetQ.  I found a link (http://biemond.blogspot.com/2012/06/weblogic-jms-aq-bridge-with-jboss-as-7.html) where it took me step-by-step through the bridging process to submit messages.  However, when I was complete, I ended up with the following on the HornetQ server:

16:06:43,583 INFO  [org.jboss.as.naming] (Remoting "d3f9q1m1" task-4) JBAS011806: Channel end notification received, clo

sing channel Channel ID 6e3cc28c (inbound) of Remoting connection 73ecb245 to null

and the following showing up on the WebLogic server:

Sep 12, 2012 4:06:43 PM org.jboss.naming.remote.protocol.v1.RemoteNamingStoreV1$MessageReceiver handleEnd

ERROR: Channel end notification received, closing channel Channel ID ee3cc28c (outbound) of Remoting connection 305abc5f to null

And nothing showing up in the queue on HornetQ.

Has anyone seen this error before and been able to get around it?

I am using HornetQ included with JBoss AS 7.1.1 (HornetQ 2.2.13.Final) along with WebLogic 10.3.3.

Any help would be useful.

Thanks,

- Darin

• 1. Re: JMS Bridge from WebLogic
          ataylor

from th eerror it doesnt look like a HornetQ issue, but tbh ive no idea. have you tried using the HornetQ jms bridge?

• 2. Re: JMS Bridge from WebLogic
            jbertram

To my knowledge there was nothing special done in any previous version of JBoss AS to support the sun-jms-adapter JCA RA.  I would expect it to work in AS 7 given the proper configuration.  Have you used the rar-info tool from IronJacamar to generate the necessary XML for your standalone.xml?

I can't really speak to the configuration of the bridge on WebLogic, but as Andy said the error doesn't look related to HornetQ (mainly because HornetQ doesn't use JBoss Remoting).  It appears related to JNDI.

Although Andy suggested using the HornetQ bridge, this is only available in the AS 7 nightlies.  Documentation on how to configure the bridge is available here.