2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2015 4:49 AM by Zoran Hristov

BPMN 2.0 Modeler and Ad-Hoc processes

Steve Battle Newbie

I've been using The BPMN 2.0 Modeler/Editor to design ad-hoc sub-processes. Eclipse Indigo, JBPM 5.4.Final. However, I've found recently that the new validation features of BPMN 2.0 Modeler report errors in ad-hoc sub-processes where there should be none. Within the context of an ad-hoc sub-process (or a process with adHoc="true"), the rules on incoming and outgoing sequence flows should be relaxed, allowing activities with no incoming or outgoing flows.

This is not a runtime issue, my ad-hoc processes execute as before. This is just an issue with validation. Is there a way to disable or configure validation to prevent these errors?

Thanks, Steve.

• 1. Re: BPMN 2.0 Modeler and Ad-Hoc processes
          Steve Battle Newbie

I've answered my own question. BPMN2 validation can be disabled by not using the BPMN2 Project Nature. This project nature causes automatic validation of all BPMN2 files; many of these rules are 'over-eager' when it comes to validation of Ad-Hoc processes.

When saving edits to a diagram, do not add the BPMN2 Project Nature, causing automatic validation of all BPMN2 files.

Alternatively, disable this using: Properties > BPMN2 > Uncheck "Check if project is configured for BPMN2 Project Nature".

Steve.

• 2. Re: BPMN 2.0 Modeler and Ad-Hoc processes
            Zoran Hristov Newbie

Hi Steve,

This is strange as I find this ' over-eager' restrictions also, for basic things like: "ExclusiveGateway should have only one outgoing SequenceFlow" warning

From other forum I have read how to disable it:

After upgrading bpmn2 modeler plugin to 1.1.2 the problem occurred.. After looking into the source, I found out that there is a (new) option in the bpmn2 preferences, that gets involved on validation. To get rid of the error message, you have to check the 'Allow multiple incoming/outgoning on Activities' option under BPMN2 > Editor > Behavior.

Otherwise it is a problem in release 1.1.2 and is fixed for 1.1.4 and 1.2.0 as in here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29152545/getting-data-output-has-no-data-type-on-any-signal-boundary-event

Zoran