1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 3:42 PM by healeyb

rich:tabPanel does not work after ajax request

macoolio

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the rich:tabPanel in combination with an ajax request and a commandLink.

After clicking the a4j:commandLink "Update" Button the rich:tabPanel is not switching anymore.

The browser's console log says:

new RichFaces.ui.TabPanel("j_id_5:panel1", ({ajax:{incId:"1"}, activeItem:"j_id_9", isKeepHeight:false, cycledSwitching:false})) is not a function

at jsf.js.jsf:3682

Example Code:

<h:head>

</h:head>

<body>

<h:form>

<a4j:commandLink value="Update" action="#{testBean.update}" render="contentDiv" />

<t:div id="contentDiv">

<rich:tabPanel switchType="client" id="panel1">

<rich:tab>

Tab1

<h:commandLink action="#{test.testAction}" />

</rich:tab>

<rich:tab>

Tab2

</rich:tab>

</rich:tabPanel>

</t:div>

</h:form>

</body>

The very strange thing is when I remove the the h:commandLink in Tab1 the switching works fine after the ajax request.

When I change the render attribute to "@all" it works too, but that would be a bad workaround.

I use MyFaces 2.1.8 and Richfaces 4.3.0.M1.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: rich:tabPanel does not work after ajax request
          healeyb

It sounds like it might be worthwhile going back to the latest stable release, perhaps after logging an issue

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RF. I had a quick look but see nothing that seems to match.

Regards,

Brendan.

Freelance Java Enterprise Developer

JSF Richfaces Ajax Java 6/7 (scjp) EE 6 HTML CSS JavaScript jQuery MySQL JPA Hibernate Eclipselink

Spring Oracle SQL JPQL Sybase EJB CDI Glassfish Apache JAX-RS Primefaces UNIX Paypal and more..