1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 9:19 AM by shawkins Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

WAS: From relational to XML (conforming to xschema) - Designer behaviour

gioppoluca

Ok I solved that issue, but in my opinion is a bug:

With a lack of fantasy I named the model from the MySQL books and also the xml schema was calle books so it seems that TEIID is not able to have two different stuff (that he consider models) with the same name even if one is a XMI from a relational Db and the other is an XML Schema.

The problem is either:

1) TEIID should be able to understand that the two things have different extension so are different models

2) TEIID Designer should you warn against using the same name twice in the project.

Luca

• 1. Re: From relational to XML (conforming to xschema)
          shawkins

> 1) TEIID should be able to understand that the two things have different extension so are different models

Does the metadata supplied by Designer in the vdb.xml contain two model entries with the same name?  I would have expected an earlier exception from our schema validation.  Although I don't think we're checking case-insensitive at that point.

If that's the case, obviously that is not what Teiid wants to see.  I would also expect Designer to prevent that.

> 2) TEIID Designer should you warn against using the same name twice in the project.

It should be doing that check.  But if it's not, then please open a Designer JIRA and attach your vdb.xml.