4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2012 9:18 AM by wdfink

Ho do I deploy exploded ear in domain mode cluster?

evelinpv

Hi ,

I am not able find out how do I deploy exloded ear in jboss cluster in domain mode.

My Application updates some values once deployed and I dont want loose those values eveytime the jboss server restarts.

It works fine in a stadalone mode , but I want to set my application in a clustered mode.

Please help..

-Evelin

• 1. Re: Ho do I deploy exploded ear in domain mode cluster?
          rhusar

This is not yet supported (as mentioned in older version of the docs https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7UserGuide).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Ho do I deploy exploded ear in domain mode cluster?
            evelinpv

@Radoslav,

Thanks for looking into my query

Sorry I am a newbie in jboss cluster setup.

But is there way to manually deploy exploded ear? or that is also not supported?

-Evelin

• 3. Re: Ho do I deploy exploded ear in domain mode cluster?
              rhusar

Lets explain this first: clustering and domain mode are independent. So you don't have to use domain mode to use clustering and vice versa.

If you want to use clustering and you have to use exploded archives, you can use  standalone HA profiles and start both servers like this:

./bin/standalone.sh -c standalone-ha.xml

In this case you need to configure them both separately (including the deployments).

HTH,

Rado

• 4. Re: Ho do I deploy exploded ear in domain mode cluster?
                wdfink

Evelin,

in addition to Radoslav's explanation.

You might think about 'standalone' mode as a similar mode to former AS versions, each server is configured and started separate. You can deploy an application by drop it into the standalone/deployment folder as you did it in AS5.

Also you might deploy files using the CLI (command line interface) but here you deploy only files.

You might configure one or more nodes as a cluster member using the standalone*-ha.xml profile (i.e. start the server with --server-config=standalone-ha.xml)

The domain mode is only a way to have a single point of configuration. You are able to configure 'all' server-nodes in one place and have a monitoring if a server crash. See documentation for more details.