5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 9:39 PM by jameslivingston

META-INF accessibility within WAR

benfarr

I am migrating a spring batch project in a war from Jboss 4 to Jboss 7 and am not sure of how to best get around the issue of overriding defaults for spring batch.

in web.xml

<context-param>

<param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>

<param-value>classpath*:/org/springframework/batch/admin/web/resources/webapp-config.xml</param-value>

</context-param>

<servlet>

<servlet-name>Batch Servlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>

<init-param>

<param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>

<param-value>classpath*:/org/springframework/batch/admin/web/resources/servlet-config.xml</param-value>

</init-param>

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

</servlet>

These live in spring-batch-admin-manager-1.2.1.RELEASE.jar and spring-batch-admin-resources-1.2.1.RELEASE.jar within the WEB-INF/lib

as suggested by spring batch, the override of the datasource is in  META-INF/spring/batch/override/datasource-context.xml

which lives in META-INF within the war

However it doesnt pick up this override and is erroring on loading the context Could not resolve placeholder 'batch.jdbc.driver' which doesnt happen in Jboss 4/jdk1.5.

I think the issue is the visibility of META-INF directories across jars and WEB-INF/classes.

Has anyone had to deal with something like this. I saw the manifest allows for services option but appears its only for META-INF/services directory ?