1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2012 1:29 PM by ealonso04

Disabling a h:commandButton in the onclick event, it does avoid the submit!

ealonso04

Hi guys!

I have an issue right now with a h:commandButton. I'm using JSF 2.0 and Richfaces 4.2.2.

I'm getting an undesirable behavior of that button once I do a click over it. I have a JavaScript call in the onclick event, in order to disable the button.

This is what I have inside that event: onclick="this.disabled=true;". This works as I expect it should work, I mean, the button is disabled once I click it.

But the problem comes at the moment I click the button because the submit call does not work, instead of that, in IExplore 9 and Firefox 15 the page is reloaded again.

I have a break point in the server side, which is never reached when I click the button. I don't know why this is happening. I suppose the Submit call should achieve without any problem. The button should be disabled but at the same time doing the submit call.

Thi is the code for that button:

<h:commandButton value="Continuar" rendered="#{entriesBean.variables.idScreen eq 'S014'}"

actionListener="#{entriesBean.finalizarRevision}" onclick="this.disabled=true;"

disabled="#{entriesBean.allowButtonDisabled and not !facesContext.validationFailed}">

<f:setPropertyActionListener value="entriesTab" target="#{inquiry.activeTab}" />

</h:commandButton>

Do you guys know or have any idea about this?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Disabling a h:commandButton in the onclick event, it does avoid the submit!
          ealonso04

Hi there! I found the solution!

It seems that once you have clicked the button it doesn't do anything since the disabling tells to the button not to do anything else.

I found this with jQuery:

$('form').submit(function(e){

$('input[type=submit]').each(function(){

$(this).attr("disabled", "disabled");

});

});

This code disables all the submit buttons inside the form and disable them while the submit is done.

Regards!