Environment: jboss-3.0.0RC1_tomcat-4.0.3, Win200 Server, MS SQL-Server 7, Weblogic's Driver
I managed to successfully setup the datasource using Weblogic's JDBC driver. THe datasource binds to (say) java:/foo and I have resource-ref's which point to the JNDI name. So I have this in my web.xml
and in my jboss-web.xml
so in my code I can do (javax.sql.DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:/comp/env/jdbc/foo")..
I have similar entries in ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml associated with my ejb-jar's
It turns out the resource-ref's works fine in servlets/web-layer - but when I use them in ejb's I always get errors similar to:
Table not found: FOOBAR in statement [select blah blah from FOOBAR]; nested exception is:
However if I access data-source directly in my ejb's like (javax.sql.DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:/foo") - everything is fine.
I get same behaviour when I switched to Microsofts JDBC2 Driver.
A resource declared with JndiName "foo" binds to "java:/foo" in jboss and just "foo" in Weblogic.
So I know my code is more portable if I access the data-source through resource-reference.
I had this bug - before as well with beta-release of jboss (jboss-3.0.0beta_tomcat-4.0.2).
But I had to try again with RC1 release before reporting :-)