1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2002 4:26 PM by davidjencks

how to use mySQL in jboss 3.0.0?

nqin

Hi, I am using Jboss3.0.0 zip with integrated Tomcat 4.0.3. It seems jboss can not find my mySQL datasource. I bought the document for Jboss 2.4.4. However, the file structure for jboss 3.0 is so different from jboss 2.4.4. I know how to add mySQL datasource to connectionpool for jboss 2.4.4. How can I do similar thing for jboss 3.0.0. What I did not is just copy a mysql-service.xml to jboss/server/default. Please help me.

The mysql-service.xml file is:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
      - <!-- $Id: mysql-service.xml,v 1.3 2002/03/01 00:02:00 d_jencks Exp $
      -->
      - <!-- =====================================================================
      -->
      - <!--
      -->
      - <!-- Example configuration for the mysql database.
      -->
      - <!-- Put the driver jar mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar in lib/ext
      -->
      - <!-- Contributed by Ignacio Coloma icoloma@iverdino.com
      -->
      - <!-- =====================================================================
      -->
      -
      -
      ConnectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/test DriverClass=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver UserName=tester
      MySQLDS
      java:/TransactionManager
      <depends optional-attribute-name="ResourceAdapterName">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name=Minerva JDBC LocalTransaction ResourceAdapter
      <depends optional-attribute-name="ConnectionManagerFactoryLoaderName">jboss.jca:service=ConnectionManagerFactoryLoader,name=MinervaSharedLocalCMFactory
      # #Wed Aug 15 16:17:29 EDT 2001 BlockingTimeoutMillis=500000 IdleTimeoutMinutes=30 MaxSize=10 CleanupIntervalMinutes=10 MinSize=0 MaxIdleTimeoutPercent=1.0
      org.jboss.resource.security.ManyToOnePrincipalMapping
      UserName=tester Password=testerid

• 1. Re: how to use mySQL in jboss 3.0.0?
          davidjencks

Start by getting jboss 3 rc 2 or later (ie.e from cvs) and use the example files from docs/example/jca. Read the instructions in the example file, the FAQ, and the posts on the jca forum. If you still can't get it to work, read the docs/jmx-api, and then ask further questions on the jca forum.