1 of 1 people found this helpful
I don't believe that any such document exists at this time.
Provided that you are not using CMP entity beans* the migration will not be particularly difficult. The issues that I see before you are:
- migration of WebSphere deployment descriptors (ibm-web-bnd.xml, ibm-ejb-jar-bnd.xml, etc) to jboss deployment descriptors (jboss-web.xml, jboss-ejb3.xml, etc)
- migration of WebSphere dependent code
- migration of OpenJPA dependent code to Hibernate equivalent
- migration of security model and configuration
Also be aware that application wide firing of EJB timers in a clustered environment is not yet supported by JBoss 7.
* If you are using CMP then this could be a *big* job.
Like EJB timers, do you know any other feature which JBOSS 7 can not support like Load Balancing, Clustering etc.
As far as I know everything else is well supported. Much of this infrastructure has improved significantly over previous JBoss releases.
I should also mention that many developers get surprised by the much stricter JBoss 7 classloading model, but most of these occur when migrating from earlier versions of JBoss.
Also look at how do I migrate my application from WebLogic to AS 7 and contribute your questions (as comments) to that document. Or if you like, just add a link to this forum post as a comment.
Contributions to the document are welcome. Some of you that are going through the conversion (either want to or are actively doing it), are best able to list the issues/solutions/workarounds. If others have already gone through the conversion, please add your notes as well to the document.