6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 8:55 PM by snjeza

Referencing an EJB project from a dynamic web project

cstogian

I have created an EAR application, that contains a JPA project for the data, and a EJB project for the business logic.

I want to expose my EJBs from a REST web service, so I added a dynamic web project with a REST web service, and added a reference to the JPA and EJB projects (from "Project References" in the dynamic web project's properties). But although I can access the classes of the JPA project, I have no access to the EJB classes. Is there something else I need to do other than the reference?

I have version 5.0.0.GA of the developer studio.

Thank you,

Christos.

• 1. Re: Referencing an EJB project from a dynamic web project
          snjeza

Could you check .classpath in your web project?

It would need to contain a entry like the following:

<classpathentry kind="src" path="/ejbproject"/>

It is possible that the entry doesn't exist or it contains some access rules.

Could you attach your .project and .classpath files?

• 2. Re: Referencing an EJB project from a dynamic web project
            cstogian

When I create a dynamic web project that belongs to the same EAR and workset as the JPA and EJB projects, I have access to the classes in my JPA project even if I don't specify a reference to the project.

If I go and specify a reference for the JPA and EJB projects from the Properties page, the .project is updated to reflect this, but the .classpath is not.

I manually edited the .classpath as you suggested, and it now works, I can use the classes of the EJB project. I can also still use the classes in my JPA project, even though there is no reference to it in the .classpath file.

Full info for my JBoss Developer Studio version:

Version: 5.0.0.GA

Build id: v20120615-1714-H213-GA

Build date: 20120615-1714

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Referencing an EJB project from a dynamic web project
              cstogian

Looks like I was too hasty. Now the developer studio allows me to use the classes, but when I build I get a red x on my project (but not any of my files) if I include any reference to one of the classes in the EJB project.

And I get the following error:

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:  service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./PassiasWeb: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./PassiasWeb: JBAS018040: Failed to start context

20:21:54,115 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) {"JBAS014653: Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.web.deployment.default-host./PassiasWeb" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./PassiasWeb: JBAS018040: Failed to start context"}}}}

• 4. Re: Referencing an EJB project from a dynamic web project
                snjeza

What build error do you get?

This error can be seen in the Problems view.

• 5. Re: Referencing an EJB project from a dynamic web project
                  cstogian

I get "The project cannot be built until its prerequisite {EJB project} is built. Cleaning and building all projects is recomended."

I always do a clean build, but still get the same error.

I also altered the build class path order of the web project so the EJB project appears above the web project, but it still gives me this error.

Thanks.

• 6. Re: Referencing an EJB project from a dynamic web project
                    snjeza

You are getting those errors although your EJB project is built correctly?

Could you attach your projects or at least their .classpath and .project files?