5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2002 1:06 AM by dudoes

Can't findAll

dudoes

Hello,

I have deploy my applicant to Weblogic Server 6.1 successfully with EJB1.1 on Oracle 8i, and now i want to migrate it to NEW JBOSS3.0 w/Tomcat4, but it can't "findall", say :

===================
      java.rmi.ServerException: can't find All....Find failed: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: the table or view doesn't exist.
      ; nested exception is:
      javax.ejb.EJBException: can't find All....Find failed: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: the table or view doesn't exist.

javax.ejb.EJBException: can't find All....Find failed: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: the table or view doesn't exist.

at com.rongji.pms.applicant.ApplicantSessionBean.findAll(ApplicantSessionBean.java:580)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:664)
      ==================

then i find output on console:
      ======================
      [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory] Using properties: {user=project, password=project}
      2002-07-04 00:22:05,829 DEBUG [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory] Checking driver for URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL
      2002-07-04 00:22:05,829 DEBUG [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory] Driver not yet registered for url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL
      2002-07-04 00:22:05,869 DEBUG [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory] Driver not yet registered for url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL
      2002-07-04 00:22:05,869 DEBUG [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory] Driver already registered for url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL
      2002-07-04 00:22:16,104 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCCommand] findAll command executing: SELECT projectId FROM ApplicantInfo
      2002-07-04 00:22:16,364 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCCommand] Exception caught executing SQL
      =============================

I don't understand, I need you help,

thanks very much.

• 1. Re: Can't findAll
          dsundstrom

What is the problem? Do you want to map the entity to an existing table? If you do, you need to declare the mapping in the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file. The is described in the JBossCMP documentation, or you can figure it out from the dtd in the docs/dtd directory of the JBoss distribution.

• 2. Re: Can't findAll
            dudoes

think u for you reply, i'm studying your suggestion and try again.
            can you tel me thatw hat difference jboss-ql with ejb-ql,plz give me a sample of SQL statement.

below is correct ?

==========================

findAll

<query-method>
            <method-name>findAll</method-name>
            <method-params>
            </method-params>
            </query-method>
            <jboss-ql>
            SELECT OBJECT(p) FROM applicantInfo p
            </jboss-ql>

======================================

• 3. Re: Can't findAll
              dsundstrom

Yes that is a correct JBossQL declaration. This declaration should be put in the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file.

JBossQL is an extension of EJB-QL with a new functions, clauses and a more flexable syntax (i.e., paramteres in IN and LIKE clauses). You do not need JBossQL for a findAll query.

• 4. Re: Can't findAll
                dudoes

Hi,dsundstrom:

Happy Independence Day to you.

I change my program code by your suggestion like the code mailed to you, deployed successfully, but run badly as before.

I only put the jboss-ql tags in jbosscmp-jdbc.xml,
                is sure that the same jboss-ql tags should exist in ejb-jar.xml? or change it?

I wish you give me some JBossQL and EJB-QL SQL statements because I need various "findByXXX".

thanks very much.

• 5. Re: Can't findAll
                  dudoes

Ok,thank everyone.