2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 2:27 PM by conte

rich:tooltip rendering issue from rich:popupPanel

conte

Hi,

in my web application I have a <rich:tooltip> applied on the onmouseover event of an icon. When the page is loaded the tooltip works properly (appear on the onmouseover event). The same icon also has an onclick event that opens a <rich:popupPanel> with a <rich:fileUpload> component inside it. If I open popup and upload a file, the <rich:fileUpload> component renders some related information in background, that is under the <rich:popupPanel>. This data is correctly rendered but, when I close popup, the <rich:tooltip> linked with icon goes off. In the attachment I've created a small test case that represents my more complex case (yuo can reach test page clicking into this link after deploy: http://localhost:8080/test/main.jsf).

After file upload ajax rendering has occurred, I notice that if I manually execute the tooltip javascript in a browser console (new RichFaces.ui.Tooltip("form:j_idt6",{"showDelay":100,"hideDelay":100,"direction":"RB","ajax":{"incId":"1"} ,"target":"form:j_idt5","offset":[-60,10] ,"followMouse":false,"jointPoint":"LB"} )), the tooltip resumes operation.

Can someone help me, please?

Thanx in advance.

Roberto

• 1. Re: rich:tooltip rendering issue from rich:popupPanel
          conte

Is there any news? Maybe, could it be a bug?

Thanx

Roberto

• 2. Re: rich:tooltip rendering issue from rich:popupPanel
            conte

I have found a solution that worked for me. In the onuploadcomplete event of the <rich:fileUpload> I putted a reference to a javascript function that is bound to <a4j:jsFunction>. In this last component I render panel that contain tooltip. In the attachment the correct version of the sample application. Notice that the <a4j:jsFunction> makes a subsequent request to the server for rendering components: so I modified the scope of TestController from @RequestScoped to @SessionScoped to make available the value of fileName field.

Roberto