I have not been able to reproduce this issue yet, but I know a few facts, maybe someone can help. Otherwise I will supply more as I find it out.
So I have a tabpanel:
<rich:tabPanel switchType="ajax"> <rich:tab> <ui:include src="Index3.xhtml"></ui:include> </rich:tab> <rich:tab> <ui:include src="Index2.xhtml"></ui:include> </rich:tab> </rich:tabPanel>
In the included files there are quite lengthy forms. I will update this as I find what exactly causes this.
Problem is not reproducible using basic elements and I am suspecting there is a strange interaction of different ajax elements in both tabs. What happens? Autocomplete posts normally and recieves some response BUT cannot parse it and it never gets filled. I checked the response and it seems as if some additional data gets posted.
Autocomplete.js.xhtml in callAjax function returns with ajaxError. Error is "During update: j_idt66:j_idt477:j_idt490 not found"
Funny part is that such a component does not even exist in the currently open tab (searched the DOM for that ID or anything similar, no luck). I am guessing something gets piggybacked from another tab and it disrupts autocomplete handler hard enough that it doesn't pick up the data. Funny part is that the reply DOES contain the requested data! It just is not the first thing returned but is a bit further into the response. So instead of this (normal AC):
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <partial-response><changes><update id="j_idt66:j_idt266Items"><![CDATA[<div id="j_idt66:j_idt266Items">
It looks like this:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <partial-response><changes><update id="j_idt66:j_idt98"><![CDATA[<span class="rf-msg " id="j_idt66:j_idt98"></span>]]></update><update id="j_idt66:j_idt103"><![CDATA[<span class="rf-msg " id="j_idt66:j_idt103"></span>]]></update><update id="j_idt66:j_idt266:j_idt266AutocompleteItems"><![CDATA[<table id="j_idt66:j_idt266:j_idt266AutocompleteItems"
So now, after writing this, puting each tab in a nested form comes to mind. Not sure though. Also not sure why AC doesn't parse the response anyway since it does actually contain data. That id comes later in the response (rf_msg field it seems) but is not present in the DOM. I must find out what exactly that ID is and where does it come from, but it will be hard since I cannot see it anywhere in view.