0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2012 10:42 AM by blackduck.joe

Possible to get the latest revision for all entities of a given class?

blackduck.joe

I am having a huge problem trying to get Envers to execute the query I need. If anyone can let me know if this is possible from within Envers or if I need to excute the SQL directly that would be a tremendous help!

Here is the problem. I have a made-up "Project" entity - any Entity class will do - that is audited. I am trying to get the latest revision of EVERY Project entity via an AuditReader query.

When I do this (the other parts of the code shouldn't matter):

AggregatedAuditExpression maxExpression = AuditEntity.revisionNumber().maximize();

maxExpression.add(AuditEntity.id().eq("12345"));

query.add(maxExpression);

and turn on the SQL output, I see this query being generated:

Hibernate: select project_a0_.id as id6_0_, project_a0_.REV as REV6_0_, auditrevis1_.id as id0_1_,

project_a0_.REVTYPE as REVTYPE6_0_, project_a0_.description as descript4_6_0_,

auditrevis1_.timestamp     as timestamp0_1_, auditrevis1_.username as username0_1_

from MYSCHEMA.project_AUD project_a0_ cross join MYSCHEMA.REVINFO auditrevis1_

where project_a0_.REV=

(select max(project_a2_.REV) from MYSCHEMA.project_AUD project_a2_

where project_a2_.id=?)

and project_a0_.REV=auditrevis1_.id order by project_a0_.REV asc

Note the "select max" part. It is almost exactly what I need. Just the where clause is wrong I need it to say: where project_a2_.id=project_a0_.id

I edited it by hand, ran it and it works perfectly. Now it SEEMS like the "addIdsEqualToQuery" method in the IdMapper class lets me do what I want. So if I change out the AuditEntity.id().eq("12345") with this:

maxExpression.add(new IdentifierIdsEqAuditExpression());

where IdentifierIdsEqAuditExpression equals:

class IdentifierIdsEqAuditExpression implements AuditCriterion {   

@Override

public void addToQuery(AuditConfiguration auditCfg, String entityName, QueryBuilder qb, Parameters parameters) {

auditCfg.getEntCfg().get(entityName).getIdMapper()

.addIdsEqualToQuery(parameters, null, auditCfg.getAuditEntCfg().getOriginalIdPropName());

}   

}

it should be close - it is. I get:

Invalid path: 'originalId.id' [select e__, r from com.mycompany.Project_AUD e_, com.mycompany.audit.AuditRevisionEntity r where id = originalId.id and e_.originalId.REV.id = (select max(_e0.originalId.REV.id) from com.mycompany.Project_AUD e0 where id = originalId.id) and e_.originalId.REV.id = r.id order by e__.originalId.REV.id asc]

The problem is I can't get it to generate what I need and even if the prefix was changed from "originalId" to the correct one, why does envers start putting that all over the place, rather than in the single location?