2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 2:35 AM by uwew

Oracle DB - ORA-00972: identifier is too long

uwew

Hi All!

tried to change the Datasource of GateIn 3.5.0.Beta02 from HSQLDB to Oracle.

When starting up for the first time and it tries to initialize the DB it gives me the following error:

; ORA-00972: identifier is too long

; ORA-00972: identifier is too long

. Last command: CREATE INDEX JCR_IDX_IPORTALSYSTEM_PARENT_FK ON JCR_IPORTALSYSTEM(PARENT_ID)

at org.exoplatform.services.jcr.impl.util.jdbc.DBInitializer.init(DBInitializer.java:319) [exo.jcr.component.core-1.15.0-CR2.jar:1.15.0-CR2]

at org.exoplatform.services.jcr.impl.storage.jdbc.optimisation.CQJDBCWorkspaceDataContainer.initDatabase(CQJDBCWorkspaceDataContainer.java:186) [exo.jcr.component.core-1.15.0-CR2.jar:1.15.0-CR2]

at org.exoplatform.services.jcr.impl.storage.jdbc.JDBCWorkspaceDataContainer.<init>(JDBCWorkspaceDataContainer.java:311) [exo.jcr.component.core-1.15.0-CR2.jar:1.15.0-CR2]

at org.exoplatform.services.jcr.impl.storage.jdbc.optimisation.CQJDBCWorkspaceDataContainer.<init>(CQJDBCWorkspaceDataContainer.java:82) [exo.jcr.component.core-1.15.0-CR2.jar:1.15.0-CR2]

It seems that JCR tries to create an object with >30 chars, which is not allowed in an Oracle DB.

Is this a known problem and are there any workarounds to shorten the name of the object created? I already had a GateIn 3.2 running with Oracle - there i havn't encountered this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Uwe