2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2013 11:55 AM by 8f4xd7qigkwkp

Custom, Threaded Socket Service

8f4xd7qigkwkp

While trying to upgrade to J-boss 7 I noticed that BasicThreadPool is unavailable. It had been used it to implement a custom, ServiceMBeanSupport class to answer sockets to handle a custom protocol. After working around the lack of SMBS with the Singleton annotation I ran into the following:

MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.subunit."[redacted].ear"."[redacted].sar".POST_MODULE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.subunit."[redacted].ear"."[redacted].sar".POST_MODULE: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of subdeployment "[redacted].sar" of deployment "[redacted].ear"

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error getting reflective information for class com.sparkbase.ts.listener.SocketService with ClassLoader ModuleClassLoader for Module "deployment.[redacted].ear.[redacted].sar:main" from Service Module Loader

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lorg/jboss/util/threadpool/BasicThreadPool

According to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9177710/how-to-get-a-mbean-binding-class-instance apparently I shouldn't be instantiating the pool class directly anyway.

Any suggestions for a custom, threaded service running on J-boss? (All protocols are based upon TCP sockets.)