0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 7:33 AM by minslay

getVariable and setVariable

minslay

Hello,

I'm newbie with jBPM and I'm stuck with something I think it's easy but it doesn't work.

I'm trying define a process dynamically with Process API. I want to insert a variable into my actionNode so, I create a HashMap and I use kcontext.getVariable().

Now I get my variable into my actionNode and I can use it.

Then I want to modify (or create a new variable) my variable and its value. I don't know how to modify it and use kcontext.setVariable(); also I dont know how to recover that value in my java code.

Here my code

HashMap<String, Object> processParameters = new HashMap<String, Object>(); 

KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();

RuleFlowProcessFactory factoryP1 = RuleFlowProcessFactory.createProcess("org.jbpm.Process1");

// My variable and value

processParameters.put("result",5);

factoryP1.name("Process1").version("1.0").packageName("org.jbpm")

.imports("java.util.HashMap")

// creating a new var

.variable("resultReceived", new ObjectDataType("java.lang.Integer"))

.startNode(1).name("Start").done()

.actionNode(2).name("Action")

// I receive my variable from java Code with kcontext.getVariable

// and modify its value (now:6)

.action("java",          "resultReceived = (Integer) kcontext.getVariable(\"result\")+1;" +

"System.out.println(resultReceived);" +

// I put my new variable with kcontext.setVariable

"kcontext.setVariable(\"resultReceived\", resultReceived);").done()

// another actionNode.

.actionNode(3).name("Action")

.action("java","System.out.println(\"Another Node \");").done()

.endNode(4).name("End").done()

// Connections

.connection(1, 2)

.connection(2, 3)

.connection(3, 4);

RuleFlowProcess process1 = factoryP1.validate().getProcess();

kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newByteArrayResource(

XmlBPMNProcessDumper.INSTANCE.dump(process1).getBytes()),

ResourceType.BPMN2);

KnowledgeBase kbase = kbuilder.newKnowledgeBase();

StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

ProcessInstance processInstance = ksession.startProcess("org.jbpm.Process1",processParameters);

// and now... How can I get resultReceived from actionNode???