2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2012 3:46 AM by stsc

Is there a limit on Message Properties?

stsc

Hi

There seems to be a limit on the number of properties there can be set on an ESB message... or thats is at least my guess at the moment: The message has 21 properties before deliver async vis a ServiceInvoker to a service with an action pipeline containing a JMSRouter action to route it to a topic. When the message is picked up at the topic, it only contains 14 properties...

I'm wondering what happend... I can't find any documentation on any limit in this direction.

• 1. Re: Is there a limit on Message Properties?
          tcunning

Steffen,

Are the properties that disappear consistent?      If you remove the properties that pass successfully, do the ones that disappear come over?      Do you have a test case for this?   Do you have a test case we could try?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is there a limit on Message Properties?
            stsc

Well, good questions you are asking

Staging a test case I found out I had 3 problems:

• A non serializeable value (XMLGregorianCalendar) in one of the properties
            • Hyphen  in the property names
            • Dot in the property names

I was not aware of these restrictions (except the serialization - a plain goof).

So: toString on the XMLGregorianCalendar and use of camelCase in the property names fixed the problem.