7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 2:39 AM by olli24

Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote

jayasiv

Our application is a client server desktop application using EJB. Recently we migrated from JBoss 4.2.3 to JBoss 7.1.1 final. We are getting the following error:

08:50:16,300 WARN  [ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector] Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote://jboss-p1:4447

java.lang.RuntimeException: Operation failed with status WAITING

at org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.IoFutureHelper.get(IoFutureHelper.java:93)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector.setupEJBReceivers(ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector.java:121)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector.<init>(ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector.java:78)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBClientContext.<clinit>(EJBClientContext.java:77)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBInvocationHandler.doInvoke(EJBInvocationHandler.java:120)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBInvocationHandler.java:104)

Once i restart the JBoss server, it starts working fine again. Not sure if there is any configuration that needs to be done on the server side. When i checked the JBoss forums, it said this issue is fixed in JBoss 7.1.1 final.

Also i see this error messge in the server log appearing several times.

ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote.connection] (Remoting "jboss-p1" read-1) JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Here is my ejb client property file:

endpoint.name=client-endpoint

remote.connectionprovider.create.options.org.xnio.Options.SSL_ENABLED=false

remote.connections=default

remote.connection.default.host=jboss-p1

remote.connection.default.port=4447

remote.connection.default.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS=false

• 1. Re: Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote
          jayasiv

Happend couple of times in the last one week. I have a webservice application running too inside the same server and that works fine. Its the client sever communincation that fails. Any suggestions?

• 2. Re: Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote
            will.tatam

I've just seen this for the first time too. App was working fine, then suddenly stopped with this error. Restart of AS fixed it

Any ideas what triggers it or potential fixes

Though I'm not seeing the error you mention in my server log though

• 3. Re: Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote
              jaikiran

If you are using 7.1.1.Final, then I would suggest that you try against the latest nightly build https://community.jboss.org/thread/167590 and see if it works there. There were some bugs fixed after 7.1.1.Final was released. With whatever little information is contained in this thread, I can't say if you are running into those bugs.

• 4. Re: Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote
                will.tatam

The problem is so far we have seen this error only once in weeks of use, so we could try running a nightly for several days testing and never see the issue, but that would not prove that the fault is resolved

• 5. Re: Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote
                  olli24

Hi jayasiv

We faced a similiar problem:

2013-09-30 11:33:00.756 ERROR [Remoting "config-based-ejb-client-endpoint" read-1] org.jboss.remoting.remote.connection - JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

2013-09-30 11:33:00.766 WARN  [thread applet-WebTerminal.mtTerminalApplet-1] org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector - Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote://xxxx01:9000

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.IoFutureHelper.get(IoFutureHelper.java:91)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector.setupEJBReceivers(ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector.java:121)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting.ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector.<init>(ConfigBasedEJBClientContextSelector.java:78)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBClientContext.<clinit>(EJBClientContext.java:77)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBInvocationHandler.doInvoke(EJBInvocationHandler.java:120)

at org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBInvocationHandler.java:104)

at $Proxy0.create(Unknown Source)

see https://community.jboss.org/message/839562#839562

Did you find already the root cause?

Thanks,

Oliver

• 6. Re: Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote
                    jayasiv

Still having the same problem but the frequency it occurs is reduced. We have two production servers and i configured the ejb client property file to use both the servers. I see the following error message in my log file at several different times.

JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

• 7. Re: Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote
                      olli24

We also still have the problem approx. once 1 month.

We have migrated to EAP 6.1.0.Alpha1 (AS 7.2.0) to see if the problem still occurs.