4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 8:55 AM by lzcmail

Exception encountered:PB00019: Processing Failed:Unable to get Keystore

lzcmail

I tried "Utilising masked passwords via the vault" on jboss7.1.1:

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS7UtilisingMaskedPasswordsViaTheVault

I got error message:

Dec 12, 2012 10:56:48 AM org.jboss.security.vault.SecurityVaultFactory get

INFO: Getting Security Vault with implementation of org.picketbox.plugins.vault.PicketBoxSecurityVault

Obtained Vault

Initializing Vault

Exception encountered:PB00019: Processing Failed:Unable to get Keystore:

I know it is a bug:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP6-1492?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

It seems it is fixed in EAP 6.1.  Is there any fix on Jboss7.1.1? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Exception encountered:PB00019: Processing Failed:Unable to get Keystore
          ctomc

Hi,

as your probably read on issue you linked.

this issue only occurs on windows

and problem is only wrong reporting of error.

it usualy happens when it cannot open keystore file, if it is stored in path that has space in it.

--

tomaz

• 2. Re: Exception encountered:PB00019: Processing Failed:Unable to get Keystore
            lzcmail

Thanks tomaz. I tried this on redhat linux. Here is the detail:

$ ./vault.sh

WARNING JBOSS_HOME may be pointing to a different installation - unpredictable results may occur.

=========================================================================

JBoss Vault

JBOSS_HOME: /usr/local/jboss

JAVA: /etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.6.0/bin/java

VAULT Classpath: /usr/local/jboss/modules/org/picketbox/main/*:/usr/local/jboss/modules/org/jboss/logging/main/*:/usr/local/jboss/modules/org/jboss/common-core/main/*:/usr/local/jboss/modules/org/jboss/as/security/main/*

=========================================================================

****  JBoss Vault ********

Please enter a Digit::   0: Start Interactive Session  1: Remove Interactive Session  2: Exit

Starting an interactive session

Enter directory to store encrypted files (end with either / or \ based on Unix or Windows:/usr/local/jboss/vault/

Enter Keystore URL:/usr/local/jboss/vault.keystore

Enter Keystore password:

Enter Keystore password again:

Values match

Enter 8 character salt:12345678

Enter iteration count as a number (Eg: 44):25

Please make note of the following:

Masked Password:MASK-DjeJRxMmsyt

salt:12345678

Iteration Count:25

Enter Keystore Alias:vault

Dec 12, 2012 11:33:23 AM org.jboss.security.vault.SecurityVaultFactory get

INFO: Getting Security Vault with implementation of org.picketbox.plugins.vault.PicketBoxSecurityVault

Obtained Vault

Initializing Vault

Exception encountered:PB00019: Processing Failed:Unable to get Keystore:

• 3. Re: Exception encountered:PB00019: Processing Failed:Unable to get Keystore
              raoulpetitpied

@jboss adict

I faced the same problem this morning and, in my  situation, the explaintation was : the storepass must be equal to the keypass.

I beleive this behavior is caused by a bug in org.picketbox.plugins.vault.PicketBoxSecurityVault.init(Map<String, Object> options).

NB :

I'm using picketbox 4.0.9, which contains the following code :

package org.picketbox.plugins.vault;

class PicketBoxSecurityVault  ... {

public void init(Map<String, Object> options) throws SecurityVaultException

{

keystore = KeyStoreUtil.getKeyStore(keystoreURL, keystorePass.toCharArray());

keypair = KeyStoreUtil.getPrivateKey(keystore, alias, keystorePass.toCharArray());

}

As you can see, this code loads the store (e.g. 'getKeyStore()') and the key (e.g. 'getPrivateKey()') with the same password (e.g. 'keystorePass') ...

That's the reason why, when using keytool to create the keystore ans the alias, you have to use a storepass equal to the keypass.

Sample :

keytool -genkey -alias vault -keystore /tmp/server.ks -storepass storepass -keypass storepass -keyalg RSA -keysize 4096 -dname "CN=vault,O=my corp,L=Paris,ST=France,C=FR"

• 4. Re: Exception encountered:PB00019: Processing Failed:Unable to get Keystore
                lzcmail

guillaume

That is nice finding, but how can jboss team run it correctly? Did they use different code?