I am trying to run HornetQ 2.2.14 with a JMSBridge. Following the configuration (for server1/target) in hornetq-2.2.14.Final/examples/jms/jms-bridge/readme.html
The HornetQ JMSBridge example doesn't seem to work out-of-the box and I'm not sure how to fix this (and if I should be fixing this).
I have tried this on three different servers: a server running CentOS 5.8 (with Oracle JDK java version 1.7.0_04), a server running CentOS 5.8 (with OpenJDK java version 1.6.0_22) and a server running CentOS 6.3 (with Oracle JDK java version 1.7.0_07).
I'm guessing that maybe libraries need to be added to the HornetQ installation but if so, which libraries do we need: version, source (URL)?
Steps to reproduce:
1. Installed HornetQ 2.2.14
2. Modified configuration in stand-alone/non-clustered/ according to hornetq-2.2.14.Final/examples/jms/jms-bridge/readme.html just for server1/target
3. Now when I start HornetQ (with the JMSBridge configured) I get the following error:
* [main] 13-Dec 12:30:54,392 SEVERE [HornetQBootstrapServer] Failed to start server
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Incompletely deployed:
DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
Deployment "JMSBridge" is in error due to: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/TransactionManager
Deployment "TransactionManager" is in error due to: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionManagerImple
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Incompletely deployed:
* [hornetq-shutdown-thread] 13-Dec 12:31:35,94 INFO [HornetQBootstrapServer] Stopping HornetQ Server...
4. Tried to find libraries for the TransactionManager;
Added the following libraries to the lib/ directory (might work according to https://community.jboss.org/thread/213026):
- narayana-jta.jar (source: https://www.jboss.org/jbosstm/downloads/4_17_3_Final)
- jta-1.1.jar (source: http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/javax/transaction/jta/1.1/jta-1.1.jar)
This seems to fix the TransactionManager issue but now HornetQ is unable to start because of:
Deployment "JMSBridge" is in error due to: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.logging.Logger.getMessageLogger(Ljava/lang/Class;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;
(maybe a conflict because of the added libraries?)
Without the JMSBridge configured there is no problem and I am perfectly able to start HornetQ.
Has anyone seen this before?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!