10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2013 11:44 AM by Cory Dahlstrom

JBoss 7.1.1 Final with EJB 2.1

Cory Dahlstrom Novice

I'm porting an application from JBoss 4.2.3 to JBoss 7.1.1 Final and am having an issue with delploying the EJB 2.1 ejbs.  My issue is I'm getting this error "JBAS010726: No security-domain configured but created-by specified" when deploying the entity beans.

We use the audit fields on our entity beans for created-by/time and updated-by/time which is tied into the "authenticated" user as that is how the user's id is associated to the created-by and updated-by fields.

In searching the documentation & forums I have created a "jboss-ejb3.xml" file and put that into the META-INF directory of the .jar file.  This seems to replace the old jboss.xml file we used to have.  I have also found that I need to put this entry in the "jboss-ejb3.xml" file to associate the ejbs with the security-domain:

<assembly-descriptor>

<s:security>

<ejb-name>*</ejb-name>

<s:security-domain>other</s:security-domain>

</s:security>

</assemby-descriptor>

This doesn't seem to work for me as I continue to get the error stated above.  Does this simply not work with EJB 2?

Here is the stack trace:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: JBAS010732: Couldn't create entity command

at org.jboss.as.cmp.jdbc.JDBCCommandFactory.createCreateEntityCommand(JDBCCommandFactory.java:132)

at org.jboss.as.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.startStoreManager(JDBCStoreManager.java:215)

at org.jboss.as.cmp.jdbc.JdbcStoreManagerStartService.start(JdbcStoreManagerStartService.java:44)

... 5 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: JBAS010726: No security-domain configured but created-by specified

at org.jboss.as.cmp.jdbc.JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.initGeneratedFields(JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.java:148)

at org.jboss.as.cmp.jdbc.JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.init(JDBCAbstractCreateCommand.java:87)

at org.jboss.as.cmp.jdbc.JDBCInsertPKCreateCommand.init(JDBCInsertPKCreateCommand.java:43)

at org.jboss.as.cmp.jdbc.JDBCCommandFactory.createCreateEntityCommand(JDBCCommandFactory.java:130)

... 7 more

Thanks,

Cory.