0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2012 7:06 AM by andrewwinter77

Injecting custom resource factory with @Resource

andrewwinter77

Dear JBoss Experts

I want to inject my own resource factory into a RESTful service using @Resource. For example,

@ApplicationPath("/foo/")

@Path("/")

class Foo extends Application {

@Resource

private MyFactory factory;

}

I've created a deployment unit processor that registers a new resource reference processor with EEResourceReferenceProcessorRegistry, like this:

public void deploy(DeploymentPhaseContext dpc) throws DeploymentUnitProcessingException {

EEResourceReferenceProcessorRegistry registry = dpc.getDeploymentUnit().getAttachment(

Attachments.RESOURCE_REFERENCE_PROCESSOR_REGISTRY);

registry.registerResourceReferenceProcessor(new MyFactoryResourceReferenceProcessor());

}

My DUP is installed in phase POST_MODULE with priority 0 so it gets executed before ResourceInjectionAnnotationParsingProcessor.

The problem is, injection is not happening. When I  invoke a method on my web service I get the error:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env/com.acme.WebService/factory

ResourceInjectionAnnotationParsingProcessor seems to be creating a BindingConfiguration using local context name "com.acme.WebService/factory" and the correct value source but the BindingConfiguration is added to the class description, like this:

DeploymentUnit deploymentUnit = dpc.getDeploymentUnit();

EEModuleDescription eeModuleDescription = deploymentUnit.getAttachment(Attachments.EE_MODULE_DESCRIPTION);

EEModuleClassDescription classDescription = eeModuleDescription.addOrGetLocalClassDescription("com.acme.WebService");

classDescription.getBindingConfigurations().add(bindingConfiguration);

but if the binding is added to the module description, like this, injection works:

DeploymentUnit deploymentUnit = dpc.getDeploymentUnit();

EEModuleDescription eeModuleDescription = deploymentUnit.getAttachment(Attachments.EE_MODULE_DESCRIPTION);

eeModuleDescription.getBindingConfigurations().add(bindingConfiguration);

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm using JBoss 7.1.1.Final. My deployment unit is a WAR. I've got an empty beans.xml file and CDI generally is working.

Thanks all

Andrew.