2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2013 3:04 AM by poorna.sama

JBOSS 5.1.0 GA to JBOSS AS 7.1.1 Upgrade Project

poorna.sama

Hi,

I am migrating my project from JBOSS 5.1.0 GA to JBOSS AS 7.1.1 Final version application server.

In exsisting code i am using maven 2.2.1 for build the project.

Could you please suggest me is there any changes/modifications required in pom.xml to Upgrade the project from JBOSS 5.1.0 GA to JBOSS AS 7.1.1?

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Poorna

• 1. Re: JBOSS 5.1.0 GA to JBOSS AS 7.1.1 Upgrade Project
          nickarls

A binary is a binary. You shouldn't *need* to make any changes. Of course, depending on your migration options, you might want to upgrade EJB:s to 3.1 etc now that your AS supports it. But the bulk of the work involved with migration will probably be classloading/jndi related. Check the section on migrating applications in the AS documentation.

• 2. Re: JBOSS 5.1.0 GA to JBOSS AS 7.1.1 Upgrade Project
            poorna.sama

Hi,

As explained above i am creating the war file using maven 2.2.1.The war file is not in exploded mode.It is in Packaged mode (EX.abc.war).

When i try to deploy my war file in JBOSS AS 7.1.1 Final version i am getting the below exceptions during deployment.Those are

Exception1:

19:46:45,779 DEBUG [org.jboss.modules] (MSC service thread 1-4) Module deployment.fows.war:main defined by Service Module Loader
            19:46:45,815 DEBUG [org.jboss.modules] (MSC service thread 1-4) Module org.jboss.logging.jul-to-slf4j-stub:main defined by local module loader @15cda3f (roots: D:\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final-FO\modules)
            19:46:46,025 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."fows.war".POST_MODULE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."fows.war".POST_MODULE: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of deployment "fows.war"
                   Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error getting reflective information for class org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter with ClassLoader ModuleClassLoader for Module "deployment.fows.war:main" from Service Module Loader
                  Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.hibernate.FlushMode from [Module "deployment.fows.war:main" from Service Module Loader]
                    at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:190)
                       ... 15 more

Temporary Solution:

I have mannually copied the hibernate-core-3.3.1.GA.jar file in exploded war folder and again i had created the war file in packaged mode.

Exception2:

01:08:54,574 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] (MSC service thread 1-3) Context initialization failed: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [cores-session-factory-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/dom4j/DocumentException
                    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1412) [org.springframework.beans-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar:3.0.3.RELEASE]
                        Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/dom4j/DocumentException
                    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.6.0_21]
                            ... 20 more

Temporary Solution:

I have mannually copied the dom4j-1.6.1.jar file in exploded war folder and again i had created the war file in packaged mode.

Exception3:

01:16:58,639 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] (MSC service thread 1-3) Context initialization failed: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [cores-session-factory-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javassist/util/proxy/MethodFilter
                   Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javassist/util/proxy/MethodFilter
                           ... 20 more

Temporary Solution:

I have mannually copied the javassist-3.8.0.GA.jar file in exploded war folder and again i had created the war file in packaged mode

Exception4:

01:24:08,461 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] (MSC service thread 1-1) Context initialization failed: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [cores-session-factory-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: antlr/ANTLRException
                    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1412) [org.springframework.beans-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar:3.0.3.RELEASE]
                   Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: antlr/ANTLRException
                    at org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory.createQueryTranslator(ASTQueryTranslatorFactory.java:58) [hibernate-core-3.3.1.GA.jar:3.3.1.GA]
                           ... 20 more
            Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: antlr.ANTLRException from [Module "deployment.fows.war:main" from Service Module Loader]
                    at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:190)
                          ... 32 more

Temporary Solution:

I have mannually copied the

antlr-2.7.6.jar file in exploded war folder and again i had created the war file in packaged mode (i have created the war using  command jar -cvf fows.war *)

Exception5:

01:28:52,189 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] (MSC service thread 1-2) Context initialization failed:
            org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'UpdateServicesWebService':
            Cannot resolve reference to bean 'updateServicesTarget' while setting constructor argument;
            nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'updateServicesTarget':
            Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
            Could not autowire method: public void com.agcs.cores.fo.ws.UpdateServicesImpl.setDelegate
            (com.agcs.cores.fo.service.oracle.UpdateServicesTransactionalDelegate); nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
            org/hibernate/validator/InvalidStateException
                    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:328) [org.springframework.beans-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar:3.0.3.RELEASE]
                 Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'updateServicesTarget': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire method: public void com.agcs.cores.fo.ws.UpdateServicesImpl.setDelegate(com.agcs.cores.fo.service.oracle.UpdateServicesTransactionalDelegate); nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/validator/InvalidStateException
                    at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:286)         ... 25 more

Temporary Solution:

I have mannually copied the

hibernate-validator-3.1.0.GA.jar

file in exploded war folder and again i had created the war file in packaged mode (i have created the war using  command jar -cvf fows.war *)

I have created the war file using above technologies.I am able to deploy the war file in JBOSS 5.1.0.GA application server.

I want to deploy the same war file in

JBOSS AS7.1.1 application server.

To deploy the same war file in JBOSS AS7.1.1

i did the necesscary changes in standalone.xml,modules folder as per JBOSS AS 7.1.1 standards.

Please find the below repo folder in my C drive

C:\bin\mvn\repo>dir
            Volume in drive C has no label.
            Volume Serial Number is 7CEC-6333

Directory of C:\bin\mvn\repo

12/19/2012  07:10 PM    <DIR>          antlr
            12/19/2012  07:11 PM    <DIR>          dom4j
            12/19/2012  07:11 PM    <DIR>          javassist
            12/29/2012  04:38 PM    <DIR>          org
                           0 File(s)              0 bytes
                          56 Dir(s)  12,131,487,744 bytes free

My repo repository is having the org.hibernate.FlushMode.class,but the war file does not contains the org.hibernate.FlushMode.class

My repo repository is having the org.dom4j.DocumentException.class,but the war file does not contains the org.dom4j.DocumentException.class.

My repo repository is having the javassist.util.proxy.MethodFilter.class,but the war file does not contains the javassist.util.proxy.MethodFilter.class

My repo repository is having the antlr.ANTLRException.class,but the war file does not contains the antlr.ANTLRException.class

My repo repository is having the org.hibernate.validator.InvalidStateException.class,but the war file does not contains the org.hibernate.validator.InvalidStateException.class

Please let me know how to include jar's during build to the war,with out adding in exploded mode of war file.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Poorna