9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 7:37 AM by Gareth Edwards

Process Session ID always 0 in database

Gareth Edwards Newbie

Hello,

I am starting a jbpm process using the following code:

KnowledgeBase kbase = readKnowledgeBase(); 

StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

AsyncHornetQHTWorkItemHandler workItemHandler = new AsyncHornetQHTWorkItemHandler(ksession);

workItemHandler.setIpAddress("10.0.0.101");

ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", workItemHandler);

Map<String, Object> params = new HashMap<String, Object>();

params.put("employee", "krisv");

ksession.startProcess("defaultPackage.YesNo",params);

The first time through the process works fine.

Running the process again seems to log the results from the previous run through and throws an exception.

8    03/01 16:13:41,694[Thread-1] ERROR service.hornetq.HornetQTaskClientConnector.run  - Client Exception with class class org.jbpm.task.service.hornetq.HornetQTaskClientConnector$1 using port 5153

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.AsyncGenericHTWorkItemHandler$TaskAddedHandler cannot be cast to org.jbpm.task.service.TaskClientHandler$GetTaskResponseHandler

at org.jbpm.task.service.TaskClientHandler.messageReceived(TaskClientHandler.java:75)

at org.jbpm.task.service.hornetq.HornetQTaskClientHandler.messageReceived(HornetQTaskClientHandler.java:56)

at org.jbpm.task.service.hornetq.HornetQTaskClientConnector$1.run(HornetQTaskClientConnector.java:122)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Verified

Verified:true

If I drop the jbpm5 schema and recreate it then it works fine again.

From looking in the task table I see that the processsessionid is always 0.

I'm using postgres as my database but I don't think that is the problem.

I am creating the session on a different machine to the server that is running jBoss for development purposes if that makes a difference.

Thinking about it, Surely I need to request a session from the server somehow as how will it know anything about other session ids in the database?